::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ours was overpriced as well but they were on the edge the whole time. Like about a radon test vs self radon test. So when we countered we were nervous they were gonna be like a good Catholic and pull out.

There was one house I liked a lot, but it was way overpriced for the market-- by like $30K. I asked my agent to go back to the seller with a fair market offer, because I wanted the house, but not enough to overpay like crazy. Apparently the seller's agent was embarrassed, and said he knew the house was way overpriced, but that the sellers were underwater and couldn't afford to sell for any less, because they'd have to put cash in and they didn't have it. That was almost seven years ago-- as far as I know, the sellers still live there.

In Thailand you'd see some old guy walking through the market sharpening knives for people. Kind of cool.

That's a pretty far trip for 24 knives.

My dad was a machinist. He sharpens knives better than anyone I know including all the pros I've used in kitchens over the years. He tries to teach me but I can never get them as sharp as he does. He's good.

Success! Changed strings on my Pono tenor back to re-entrant and had a buzzing G string. A little piece of paper in the nut slot solved the problem. I love the sound of this uke. As good as all but one of my ukes.

I hope that one is the BH.

My seller over-priced their house and it sat on the market too long. By the time I made an offer, they were desperate to get out, so I was in the driver's seat pretty much all the way through. Felt good.

Our market has been HOT for several years now. When we sold the old house we had 22 showings in 6 days and competing full price offers. We were VERY fortunate with the lot we built on. We knew the people who owned it and approached them about buying it - we'd approached them about 5 years before, too, but they weren't ready to sell yet. When we asked again they were ready and they priced it where they were comfortable with it - which was considerably below market. The only stipulation was that their son would build the house, but that was our plan all along anyway, so we jumped. It's up in value about 40% since we moved in.

Took off today. Getting crickeets delivered. Also day 3 of summer not doing good and she just told me her throat hurts. :wtf: she told my wife a few times she said but never said it to me.

The kids usually come to me with their medical problems. Yesterday evening Annie came to me to say her stomach felt bad (not hurts, just not good). This was immediately after eating a cookie. I asked if her stomach felt bad before or after the cookie - just a little bit before. Mmmmmhm. No mention of it when she asked for the cookie.

BUT

The mysterious stomach ailment arrived when Mom and Dad had to give their attention to the guy from the gas company who was there to investigate a possible leak in the stove. He had a lot to say, we had a lot of questions, and Annie wasn't getting a lot of attention. Annie loves attention.

After the gas guy left I asked if she wanted to play a game - we played Mastermind. Interestingly, the stomach ailment disappeared just like that!

If you have a small file or buy a small slot file you can put a bit of baking soda in the slot and then a few drops of super glue, let it Harden, and then file it down. I had to do that with one of my slots on my Kamaka.

Good as new and sounds like a Dolphin now!

Yeah. But it's a set of Martin strings and I think the gauges are thinner. It didn't buzz with Worths on it.

My cough started just after Thanksgiving, was brutal the two weeks before Christmas and I've been miserable ever since. Yesterday was the first day I noticed it easing up and I felt much better. Much more energy. Today just a bit better than yesterday so far. Almost two months to shake this gunk. Never, ever been sick for longer than a few days.

I know, right? This one is a bugger.

The kids usually come to me with their medical problems. Yesterday evening Annie came to me to say her stomach felt bad (not hurts, just not good). This was immediately after eating a cookie. I asked if her stomach felt bad before or after the cookie - just a little bit before. Mmmmmhm. No mention of it when she asked for the cookie.

BUT

The mysterious stomach ailment arrived when Mom and Dad had to give their attention to the guy from the gas company who was there to investigate a possible leak in the stove. He had a lot to say, we had a lot of questions, and Annie wasn't getting a lot of attention. Annie loves attention.

After the gas guy left I asked if she wanted to play a game - we played Mastermind. Interestingly, the stomach ailment disappeared just like that!

Your dad's diagnostic skills must have rubbed off on you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom