::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's that sexy thing I see over there?
That's me, standin' in the mirror
What's that icy thing hangin' 'round my neck?
That's gold, show me some respect

I thank God every day
That I woke up feelin' this way
And I can't help lovin' myself
And I don't need nobody else, nuh uh

If I was you, I'd wanna be me, too
I'd wanna be me, too
I'd wanna be me, too

It's rainy and cold this morning, but it's supposed to warm up to 55*. The rain should help get rid of a lot of this snow, which is a good thing.

The other fringe benefit is that my truck is getting a bath (sort of)....

You Californians, and the rest of you warm climate folks, haven't lived until you've experienced a rainy day when it's 35 degrees....

It's time to think about heading to work. I just need to get a couple of coffees for Steve before I go. I have no idea how he can drink so much coffee. He brings two thermos bottles full from home every morning, and I bring him two large cups from McD's....

Just got back from a field trip to a local JC with some of my culinary kids. There was also a cooking competition and my kids came in second. They lost first because "they didn't clean up as they cooked; and there wasn't a clear cut leader"

Lame.

Anyhow, one of the judges, an executive chef from Sunset Magazine/Google Cafe, pointed at me during the panel Q & A and said I was one of the people who inspired him to become a chef.

Huh?

Turns out he was a regular customer when I was a sushi chef and he used to sit at the bar all by himself when he was like six. He said he recognized me right away and then snapped a pic of me and sent it to his mom to make sure it was me. :) Small world and pretty funny.

Whaaa??? and you guys still didn't win? that's not how America works.

Whaaa??? and you guys still didn't win? that's not how America works.

He told me he was impressed with my kids and thought they should have won. He didn't know they were my kids until after the competition was over. They lost because they didn't clean up as they went along with their work and there wasn't a clear cut leader in their group.

I didn't know they were being judged on clean up but I can see their point. And isn't working together without a clear cut leader a sign of good group work?!

I'm very proud of them. Their dish looked great (and they say it tasted great too)!

I was walking through Chinatown today and saw this little fella and tried to get a good picture before he flew away, but this was it.
For Sally on her birthday.

IMG_20170323_114048569.jpg

Oh! Damon, thank you. He's gorgeous!

Who's that sexy thing I see over there?
That's me, standin' in the mirror
What's that icy thing hangin' 'round my neck?
That's gold, show me some respect

I thank God every day
That I woke up feelin' this way
And I can't help lovin' myself
And I don't need nobody else, nuh uh

If I was you, I'd wanna be me, too
I'd wanna be me, too
I'd wanna be me, too

Too early for so much happy.

Had a very nice evening last night. The girls all gathered. We had Thai food, did foot baths, opened presents, ate cake, and visited. It was fun. We missed having Michael around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom