::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
need to get my kitchen set up

teaching gyoza/pot stickers today. Making the dough too.

Mmmm. We have a recipe for steamed buns with a pork filling that a visiting professor from China taught us to make. My brother-in-law works for a small liberal arts college and his family will act as host for professors visiting from other countries. This prof. was here for a year and we got together with her several times. She brought the dumplings to Thanksgiving dinner and we were so thrilled with them she invited us over to her place to learn to make them and then have a Chinese feast with her.

Anyway - the experience was awesome and my sister-in-law was writing down the recipe as the professor worked. We've made them several times. I've always wanted to potsticker them...I bet they'd be fantastic like that.

Mmmm. We have a recipe for steamed buns with a pork filling that a visiting professor from China taught us to make. My brother-in-law works for a small liberal arts college and his family will act as host for professors visiting from other countries. This prof. was here for a year and we got together with her several times. She brought the dumplings to Thanksgiving dinner and we were so thrilled with them she invited us over to her place to learn to make them and then have a Chinese feast with her.

Anyway - the experience was awesome and my sister-in-law was writing down the recipe as the professor worked. We've made them several times. I've always wanted to potsticker them...I bet they'd be fantastic like that.

google fillings

It's pretty much like a ravioli. You can put what you want in them.

Julie (the prof.) referred to them as dumplings.

They look a lot like this:

chinese-dumplings-with.jpg

Chicken Katsu
Classroom made potstickers
Broccoli tossed in brown butter w/mizithra cheese
Rice

It's what's for dinner.

(the advantage of teaching in a kitchen :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom