::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that happened to me the sub would be losing a hand.

This sub retired from a school in my district the year I graduated.

That means she's in her early 90's. She was a child actress in the time of Shirley Temple.

I'm not going to report it but I can't believe she would take some coffee. She even took a ziplock bag from my culinary class to take it.

This sub retired from a school in my district the year I graduated.

That means she's in her early 90's. She was a child actress in the time of Shirley Temple.

I'm not going to report it but I can't believe she would take some coffee. She even took a ziplock bag from my culinary class to take it.

Be gracious Gary. You may have saved her from eating cat food or drinking Folgers.

Hey pen peeps.

What sites should I search for nibs?

I'm looking specifically for a fine calligraphy nib for a Lamy. Is 1.1 what I'm looking for? Does the material make a huge difference in function?

There is a group of freshman girls sitting near my desk having a conversation.

I fear I'm getting stupider by the partial sentence.

OH MY GOD!

(see)

Hey pen peeps.

I'm looking specifically for a fine calligraphy nib for a Lamy. Is 1.1 what I'm looking for? Does the material make a huge difference in function?

Goulet Pens is one of the most reliable (https://www.gouletpens.com). They also have the Nib Nook, which shows you what writing with your nib is likely to look like. For example, here's a Lamy 1.1:

NibNook-0156-Lamy-Joy-Steel-1.1mm.jpg

A 1.1 is going to be a stub, meaning the end of the nib is flattened, rather than pointed. This generally gives you a beefier line, but also allows line variation by changing the angle of the nib-- I think this may be what is attracting you.

Unless you go very upscale, the vast majority of nibs are going to be made of steel. You'll probably find a brand you like (I started using inexpensive Nemosine nibs from Amazon, and they were actually pretty good). For a Lamy, get a Lamy nib.

Goulet Pens is one of the most reliable (https://www.gouletpens.com). They also have the Nib Nook, which shows you what writing with your nib is likely to look like. For example, here's a Lamy 1.1:

A 1.1 is going to be a stub, meaning the end of the nib is flattened, rather than pointed. This generally gives you a beefier line, but also allows line variation by changing the angle of the nib-- I think this may be what is attracting you.

Unless you go very upscale, the vast majority of nibs are going to be made of steel. You'll probably find a brand you like (I started using inexpensive Nemosine nibs from Amazon, and they were actually pretty good). For a Lamy, get a Lamy nib.

Thank you,

I'm watching a video from Goulet about the 7 most common fountain pen mistakes.

Hey pen peeps.

Material in Lamy Safari nibs will all be the same - the black ones are cosmetic differences only. The 1.1 is the fine "stub" nib. Not quite a calligraphy nib, but will have some line variation when you write.

Hey pen peeps.

It takes a Lamy nib for a Lamy pen. Look for a 1.1 stub. I think Goulet has them. Any pen dealer that carries Lamy should have them or be able to get them.

GMTA

More thorough too.

There is a group of freshman girls sitting near my desk having a conversation.

I fear I'm getting stupider by the partial sentence.

OH MY GOD!

(see)

This is why you have a fine pen. You just look at the pretty lines and practice not stabbing them.

I'm checking out the goulet site during my lunch hour. This made me laugh out loud. You even read this in a condescending voice!

Ballpoint - What you're probably used to, a pen with a grease or paste ink that is used by rolling the tip (with a ball point) across the paper, which rotates the ball and pulls ink from the pen. These came about around the 1950's and were the disruptive technology to the fountain pen that started their decline. Though a necessary tool, they provide a less-than-ideal writing experience due to their limited ink color options, erratic flow, and high amount of pressure required to write (relative to a fountain pen).

I'm checking out the goulet site during my lunch hour. This made me laugh out loud. You even read this in a condescending voice!

Ballpoint - What you're probably used to, a pen with a grease or paste ink that is used by rolling the tip (with a ball point) across the paper, which rotates the ball and pulls ink from the pen. These came about around the 1950's and were the disruptive technology to the fountain pen that started their decline. Though a necessary tool, they provide a less-than-ideal writing experience due to their limited ink color options, erratic flow, and high amount of pressure required to write (relative to a fountain pen).

A ballpoint is the pen the give you in purgatory. Sure, it can write, but you're just marking time until you can use a good pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom