::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Philz for coffee this morning, said hi to the former student, went to pay and was told it was paid for already. I looked up to chastise former student because she kept doing that and although I appreciate the gesture she doesn't need to pay for my coffee. When I looked her way she said "It wasn't me! But this is for you" and she handed me a little note written on a napkin.

"Thanks for teaching me the stuff I didn't know I needed to know. When you shared personal stories in class I didn't understand that you were teaching us about life. Yoshida-isms have guided me more than you could ever know. Enjoy the coffee."

From a student I had over 10 years ago.

Does anyone else ever wonder how old superstitions came about? Take burning hair and fingernail clippings so a witch couldn’t use them against a person. Maybe a parent or sibling just got tired of a family member not cleaning out the brush or leaving clippings in bed?

Went to Philz for coffee this morning, said hi to the former student, went to pay and was told it was paid for already. I looked up to chastise former student because she kept doing that and although I appreciate the gesture she doesn't need to pay for my coffee. When I looked her way she said "It wasn't me! But this is for you" and she handed me a little note written on a napkin.

"Thanks for teaching me the stuff I didn't know I needed to know. When you shared personal stories in class I didn't understand that you were teaching us about life. Yoshida-isms have guided me more than you could ever know. Enjoy the coffee."

That’s awesome, Gary!

Excellent!

Very cool, that's got to make you feel good. You never know who's life you change during the course of things.

So, BCUF has been sold out for a little while now and I'm getting phone calls and emails from people who waited too long and missed out. That is fine, but I've gotten a few phone calls from women who seem to think they are special and I should just print them out an extra ticket because they are special. Seriously? I guess there are some people out there that get through life just by batting their eyelashes.

Does anyone else ever wonder how old superstitions came about? Take burning hair and fingernail clippings so a witch couldn’t use them against a person. Maybe a parent or sibling just got tired of a family member not cleaning out the brush or leaving clippings in bed?

That's so weird. Kids never get to write creatively so I was creating an assignment for them. I'm going to have my class write "origin of superstition" stories.

we must be sharing the same brainwaves right now.

Very cool, that's got to make you feel good. You never know who's life you change during the course of things.

They didn't sign it or anything so I have no idea who it is. The former student said the last time I was there, the person walked up to her after I left and asked "Was that Mr. Yoshida from Homestead?" and then he paid for the extra coffee and left her that note to give me.

View attachment 106018

attachment.php

JUICE BOMB ANYONE!!!

Beer should not look like orange juice.

Morning. Noped my ass from going to my vinyasa class today. I’ll do some gentle stretching on my own, and maybe throw in a plank or two.

I woke up this morning with a 6-year-old whispering in my ear that she was scared. She was just in the process of crawling in bed with us when I heard Kodi barking to go outside. So the day began.

Awwwwww. What a great way to start the day!

I've never heard that one! Leaving clippings in bed? Better to burn the person who left them. That's awful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom