::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draft? Every male is supposed to register at 18 but it's not a draft is it?

They say it's not a draft, but you have to sign up for it (and "it" is a draft when enacted), so is it a draft?, I'd say so. By the way, if you don't register, they really punk on you down the road, ie. no SS benefits, etc.

They say it's not a draft, but you have to sign up for it (and "it" is a draft when enacted), so is it a draft?, I'd say so. By the way, if you don't register, they really punk on you down the road, ie. no SS benefits, etc.

My son registered. I'm still perplexed why my daughters didn't have to.

Grail ukes are like that. One uke to rule them all is what I told Beau after playing mine for a few months. Seriously, my other ukes are languishing.

This is why I am so happy my CR is a five string. There are still times I will want to play my Pono. There will be times I want to play my six string.
And I have a couple of nice concerts for when I need a high G traditional ukulele sound.
Otherwise? Absolutely. This is the one.
Funny because in my mind, when I get my Moore Bettah,
a double puka 5 string is always what I imagined I would ask Chuck to build for me. To have this drop in my lap, from pretty much the only other person I wanted an ukulele from, and it is a 5 string, well you get the idea.

I'm really curious about 5-strings. I'd love to get my hands on one to get a feel for the sound and how they play. Are you able to pick the double G course individually? I've even wondered about modding my cocobolo concert uke for a double G course. It'd take a tuner, a nut slot, and a hole in the tie bridge. Of course it would look like a kludge.

The strings are very close together,
they act as one. The strings are closer together on my CR than on any other ukulele I have seen with doubled strings. In fact they go through the same hole in the string-through bridge and are separated on the bridge by a vertical pin, never seen that before either.
It just adds a little something extra, I really dig it.
Especially the harmonics.
Last night I was practicing how to hit the harmonics in the middle of a riff, something I have wanted to pull off for a couple of songs in my repertoire, and it is much easier on this ukulele.
Look out Jeff Peterson! :D

I just noticed your avatar. Where is that from? Your look super happy.

Silly Gary! It is from everyone's happy place who has ever been - as Bryan says, if you know you know!
It is my happy place too.
The only picture of me smiling while I am playing. Does that help? :D

I baked today! I made apple cider donut holes. Yes! I can do it by myself.
Got my pink cast on today. Did you know you can get casts wet now? What a miracle!!! I feel one hundred times better now that I can shower.

I'm imagining the stinkiness of a cast that has been showered in. Ew.

Got half our room painted. Finished the twins furniture. Primed and put one coat on our china cabinet. Wife finished twins wall with stars. Also prepped the playroom. I spackeled and sanded the cracked plaster. I found a crack I didn’t see late last night so now that’s finished. Also cleaned behind stove and cleaned part of garage for the electrician to Be able to get into attic and run more electric outlets and lights.

How's your wife feeling about your handiness now? You seem to be getting it done.

I'm imagining the stinkiness of a cast that has been showered in. Ew.

Does water run thru it Sukie? And of course you got pink. I'm still amazed after surgery they let you go a week before the cast. I guess that's so they can check on the stitches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom