::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were some locals in the bar last night and they were surprised/amused that I was singing Hawaiian songs karaoke.
So I sang Manuela Boy and they were all cracking up (it is a funny pidgin song) and they were cheering you go uncle! So I figured I needed to have that one in my back pocket at all times.
I got a cool arrangement courtesy of Bob Tomei from my old ukulele club songbook and I wrote down the "kolohe"
or "mischevious" lyrics.

It's one of those songs that has lots of different verses,
some milder than others, some funnier, etc.

Maybe I will record it for you all.

I was a little taken aback the first time I got called "uncle" in Hawaii.

I know you miss Tanya terribly, but I think it's really cool that you're also getting out and seemingly having a great time!

Indeed I do!
I remember doing things like roller skating the entire length of the Balboa Peninsula (3 miles each way)
for the hell of it on any random day, I can remember wearing size 30 Levi's, I can remember going to Carl's Jr. And getting a Super Star, fried zucchini, and a shake as a snack yet still fit in those size 30 Levi's, I remember swimming in the ocean in California all day with no wetsuit, I remember pulling all-nighters and still functioning the next day, and I remember doing things like effortlessly climbing over 15 foot chain link fences and doing yard work without being sore the next day. Went to the gym five days a week and actually enjoyed it.
Waited in line for hours to get into Dead concerts, then danced for three hours, and did it all over again the next two nights.
I was a fricken stud those days :D

25 is still blurry.

I was very much into abusing my mind and body by partying like a rock star.

Feel lucky to be here.

That's more than my house payment. BUT I am not living in Hawaii, either . . .

I'll just leave this right here:
attachment.php

This is from a news report the other day.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 6.14.21 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 6.14.21 AM.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Freeda, I loved that post you made "out there" about musicianship.
Lately I have been taking that to heart.
Pushing myself to memorize songs frees the chore of reading from the sheet and allows more brainpower for telling the story.
Still need to work on long term retention though.
I was just thinking I would have a pretty rich repertoire if I could recall any of my Seasons videos at will.

That really is the payoff of memorization. And it's a worthy goal for that reason alone.

This. APAP machines sense when you breathe in and just give the airway pressure when you inhale. CPAP machines have a constant pressure. It's much easier to exhale with an APAP.

I wonder if I should ask if spouse should switch to apap?

Two bedroom for 1700? Not where I live.

Actually that got me curious and I just spent time looking for an apartment around where I teach.

No dice.

I can rent in the crappy area I already live in but nowhere close to school. I don't know how people do it?! Apartments down the street from my school start at $3.5K and some are as high as $5K

I'm pretty sure that $3.5K is about what a first year teacher brings home.

I just chatted with the second year teacher across the hall from me. She said going to college she could live on her own by waitressing and working retail while going to school.

She said last year she had to move back in with her parents because she couldn't afford much more than rent and food and that was with eating at her parent's house all the time (her mom teaches history in another school in our district so her parents are close; in fact her mom brings her lunch some time, so cute).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom