::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a student ask me what type of laptop I had in college.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

The year I graduated college (1984) was the first year that my school offered students the option of buying a computer when they started. Of course, they weren't laptops. I actually bought my first computer that year-- a Commodore 64, and went "online" with my 300 baud modem (for the uninitiated, 300 baud means 300 bits per second; typical cable connects are about 50 MILLION bits per second. You might guess we weren't streaming a lot of movies). It was so slow you could watch each individual line of text draw on the screen. And it was the most fantastic thing I'd ever seen.

The year I graduated college (1984) was the first year that my school offered students the option of buying a computer when they started. Of course, they weren't laptops. I actually bought my first computer that year-- a Commodore 64, and went "online" with my 300 baud modem (for the uninitiated, 300 baud means 300 bits per second; typical cable connects are about 50 MILLION bits per second. You might guess we weren't streaming a lot of movies). It was so slow you could watch each individual line of text draw on the screen. And it was the most fantastic thing I'd ever seen.

Remember the programming cards?

I was never as pissed as I was once when I dropped a stack and got them all out of order.

We had a Commodore 64 growing up. I remember the typing game on it was Flower Power (that may have been the next PC) and don't remember much else...

Freshman year in high school I took the first computer class they ever offered, didn't learn a thing, mostly because the teacher didn't know what he was doing, but I passed.

And here you have it:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 40000banner.jpg
    40000banner.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen-Shot-2014-07-08-at-2.10.59-PM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2014-07-08-at-2.10.59-PM.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
And, because you MUST see it:

Last fall I shared this video on my sister's Facebook page.

For Christmas I received a Squatty Potty that she had decked out with a pocket to store reading material and the game "KerPlunk!" attached to the top. There was also a Poo Log to use to record my daily deposits. Oh, and a plunger shaped like a shotgun that has a "real" slide action and makes a bang when you pull the trigger.

Yeah, knowing my sister I should have seen that one coming.

I had classmates in my dorm who were computer science majors. We would sit around their computer watching the letters come across one by one when they connected to the computer lab. IT. WAS. AMAZING.

Things I have bought/acquired today:

• Heating pad designed for neck and shoulders ('cause the chiropractor told me it's not going to stay in place if I don't get the muscles to loosen up)
  • Neck pillow-type thingy for in the car that Mom's had rattling around in hers forever
  • Cheap lumbar pillow with a massager that stabs me in the back
  • Slightly more expensive lumbar with nothing to stab me in the back

Your chiro should be doing some soft tissue work on you or referring you to an MT.

Just was informed that my family is changing the rules for Christmas again this year. No gifts for adults, only kids. This is how I have gotten screwed by my family for twenty or thirty years years now. I have to buy gifts for everyone else's numerous children (Catholics), but I don't get anything from their family. Being the youngest (and poorest) of five, this has always burdened me unfairly. In the past at least their families would collectively get me one gift, while I had to shell out four or six in return. Now, I even have to buy gifts for grandkids. At least Matt will get gifts, I think. Maybe I sound kind of selfish, but honestly, it is totally unfair and financially it sucks. I don't think the younger kids even know my name.

For Christmas I received a Squatty Potty that she had decked out with a pocket to store reading material and the game "KerPlunk!" attached to the top. There was also a Poo Log to use to record my daily deposits. Oh, and a plunger shaped like a shotgun that has a "real" slide action and makes a bang when you pull the trigger.

Or, better yet, going....

I love your sister.

Just was informed that my family is changing the rules for Christmas again this year. No gifts for adults, only kids. This is how I have gotten screwed by my family for twenty or thirty years years now. I have to buy gifts for everyone else's numerous children (Catholics), but I don't get anything from their family. Being the youngest (and poorest) of five, this has always burdened me unfairly. In the past at least their families would collectively get me one gift, while I had to shell out four or six in return. Now, I even have to buy gifts for grandkids. At least Matt will get gifts, I think. Maybe I sound kind of selfish, but honestly, it is totally unfair and financially it sucks. I don't think the younger kids even know my name.

You don't "Have to" give gifts to anybody you don't want to. Family ruckus, of course...but sounds like that's not unexpected anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom