::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damon, Mika was in SF today and she called me on the way home "Do you want me to pick up a burrito for Damon at Pancho Villa's?"

I would have said yes, but we won't be on Oahu until July 11. I don't think it would taste that great on the 11th :)

You could have said yes, eaten it, and then described to Damon how good it was! :p

I saw the doctor today, and got my prescriptions renewed.

I also got told I'm hyperglycemic. Oh, yay.

He says that if my blood glucose measures 200 or more, even just once, I get diagnosed as diabetic. On Thursday, when my blood was drawn, my blood glucose measured 175.

Today he re-tested it, and it was at 104. Now he's telling me to reduce carbohydrates, and sub in whole grains.

In other words, if it tastes good, spit it out....

A fasting blood test would have been more accurate.

cut out white. White flour, white sugar, white rice, anything containing hydrogenated oils.

I already gave up sugar and hydrogenated oils. But white rice?! No way! I love that stuff! And brown rice just isn't the same!

I do need to go back to watching my portions again. I know I'm eating larger portions than I should be.

That hotel is probably pretty expensive for the conference rooms but yeah, expensive. My inlaws live across the street. Not sure if I'm going to stay there or drive up.

Lendle told me Abe Lagrimas will be there also.
I'm booked. Turns out there is a festival discount on the hotel. Phew!

They used to spill out of me until I really made an effort to stop. It started by using funny old expressions like Rats! Or sound-alikes like Schlitz, or Cheese and Rice!

Now I always have that little mental moment that says,
yeah, ok to drop an F bomb here for effect, I like that instead of it just flying out unchecked.

Oh my peaches.

I saw the doctor today, and got my prescriptions renewed.

I also got told I'm hyperglycemic. Oh, yay.

He says that if my blood glucose measures 200 or more, even just once, I get diagnosed as diabetic. On Thursday, when my blood was drawn, my blood glucose measured 175.

Today he re-tested it, and it was at 104. Now he's telling me to reduce carbohydrates, and sub in whole grains.

In other words, if it tastes good, spit it out....
But didn't you get your fasting labs done after you ate? That would throw it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom