::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I'm doing so much. So much.
2. Yes! And in case this was the next question, I'm studying English + minoring in Film and Theology.
3. The PNW! Whitworth University; Spokane, WA

You're in Spokane? My sister lives there. Oh my gosh girl, it's so good to hear from you.

My sister lives in Spokane - how do you like it? I prefer the wetter side of the PNW myself...

Ha! That's right we both have a sister there.

Lauren are you there thru the summer? We're having a uke weekend at my family's cabin near Shelton Washington in July. That's about a 5 hour drive for you but I'd love you to come. Jon's coming. Also a bunch of other uke peeps.

Yep. I was asked to be a speaker. So I spoke. It was really hard to figure out what to talk about. He graduated from a sober school, if you remember. I finally called one of his teachers to talk about it. As we chatted, she said stuff about recovery was about "progress, not perfection". The speech wrote itself after that. (I made people cry)

Oh Sukie, what a wonderful thing. I bet that was very special for Chris.

My sister lives in Spokane - how do you like it? I prefer the wetter side of the PNW myself...

Whitworth has this thing it calls the "pine cone curtain" which provides the charming illusion that Spokane is all beautiful forest rather that pot-holey highway. in other words, I don't venture out into Spokane much except to go to Winco and Trader Joe's. :b

I don't love Spokane, but I would like it more if I were better at fun snow things. I think. The art scene is really interesting, too. Lots of holes in the walls for jazz cats and poets.

Ha! That's right we both have a sister there.

Lauren are you there thru the summer? We're having a uke weekend at my family's cabin near Shelton Washington in July. That's about a 5 hour drive for you but I'd love you to come. Jon's coming. Also a bunch of other uke peeps.

Hi!!!!!
I'm thinking about it. I'm on a lease that starts in July but I don't know how I feel yet about not being in Hawaii during the prime beach months. Most of my housemates are planning to sublet, so I wouldn't really have a car either. But man, sounds like a good time.

Hi!!!!!
I'm thinking about it. I'm on a lease that starts in July but I don't know how I feel yet about not being in Hawaii during the prime beach months. Most of my housemates are planning to sublet, so I wouldn't really have a car either. But man, sounds like a good time.

Well if you stay in Spokane we'll figure a way to get you to our lake place.

the older I get, the less grown I feel. Does that ever stop?

Maturity?
Throw a little self doubt in there also? Not too much, please

Some days it's, I can't do anything wrong. Some days it's, I can't do anything right.

Good morning, one and all!! Sorry I've been absent for a few days. We've just been so busy!

I'm back to feeling 100% well, which is certainly nice. That's the good news.

The bad news is that we're leaving to head home tomorrow morning. :( I could stay here all year long, with no regrets. My wife isn't ready yet, so for now we'll travel back and forth. I am encouraged by how much she is becoming attached, here. She really likes it, but just isn't ready to give up "home"....

I went to the local BeeKeepers Club (is it a club?) (I am not sure but I did pay dues and join) tonight. What fun! I was surrounded by locals. I wish I could have recorded it for you to enjoy. Great group of guys just as country as they come!

My daughters are finding it amusing that the bees may do me in. I am not sure if I am allergic or not. :) I am going to check out one of the guys bee yard Saturday. I will let you know then. Maybe.

So...you were feeling kind of buzzed after the meeting?

Whitworth has this thing it calls the "pine cone curtain" which provides the charming illusion that Spokane is all beautiful forest rather that pot-holey highway. in other words, I don't venture out into Spokane much except to go to Winco and Trader Joe's. :b

I don't love Spokane, but I would like it more if I were better at fun snow things. I think. The art scene is really interesting, too. Lots of holes in the walls for jazz cats and poets.

Good. I didn't want to say anything. The pine cone curtain sounds like a very good thing to mask the rest of the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom