::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're now home from my sister's, and all unpacked and re-organised. We had a great Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, and went up and visited my nephew in the hospital on Wednesday, Thursday, and this morning.

His spirits seem to be good after the amputation. The doctors think he may go home on Monday or Tuesday....

Elaine and I are headed out to the stores in a few minutes....on Black Friday! Shudder!

We've never done it before, and aren't anxious to do it now, but we can save several hundred dollars on stuff we're planning to buy anyway, if we go.

Wish us luck! If we're not back in two hours, send out a search party....

We're now home from my sister's, and all unpacked and re-organised. We had a great Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, and went up and visited my nephew in the hospital on Wednesday, Thursday, and this morning.

His spirits seem to be good after the amputation. The doctors think he may go home on Monday or Tuesday....
I’m hoping he gets on a regular diabetic routine with his doctor now. Hopefully this is the only wake up call he needs.

Elaine and I are headed out to the stores in a few minutes....on Black Friday! Shudder!

We've never done it before, and aren't anxious to do it now, but we can save several hundred dollars on stuff we're planning to buy anyway, if we go.

I really need some fabric for a project but I’m not wanting to deal with the crowds today.

I have no idea what I want to buy for anyone. We drew names on T-day so I only have 1 person to buy for anyway. Just that and stockings for the kids.

I don't have much Christmas shopping to do; I don't buy much. I always get my pastor a Bass Pro Shop card because he loves to fish and it's the only thing he does for self care. I ordered 2 pieces of uranium glass for my brother from Etsy. He collects the stuff. I have to get a $10 gift for the lady at work whose name I drew. I need to either buy a few things for my school kids or knit something for them. I am thinking knitting, but then I will need to go buy some extra yarn in the right colors. Yarn shopping . . . Oh, yeah! :cool:

However, it would be cheaper and easier to go buy a few things for them. I only have about 3 weeks to knit for 20 kids. I'm thinking headbands if I decide to knit. However, with this depression ebbing and flowing, I don't know if I can stay motivated to finish them.

We'll see. I won't be shopping today, though. I am avoiding people and crowds!

I am craving chocolate covered peanuts, so a grocery store run is in order! :drool:

I don't have much Christmas shopping to do; I don't buy much. I always get my pastor a Bass Pro Shop card because he loves to fish and it's the only thing he does for self care. I ordered 2 pieces of uranium glass for my brother from Etsy. He collects the stuff. I have to get a $10 gift for the lady at work whose name I drew. I need to either buy a few things for my school kids or knit something for them. I am thinking knitting, but then I will need to go buy some extra yarn in the right colors. Yarn shopping . . . Oh, yeah! :cool:

However, it would be cheaper and easier to go buy a few things for them. I only have about 3 weeks to knit for 20 kids. I'm thinking headbands if I decide to knit. However, with this depression ebbing and flowing, I don't know if I can stay motivated to finish them.

We'll see. I won't be shopping today, though. I am avoiding people and crowds!

I am craving chocolate covered peanuts, so a grocery store run is in order! :drool:

We picked up cookies that taste like the Thin Mints girl scout cookies. But they are shaped like chocolate covered Graham crackers. $1.99 for a dozen packages of fifteen cookies. Some prices are too good to pass up.

We picked up cookies that taste like the Thin Mints girl scout cookies. But they are shaped like chocolate covered Graham crackers. $1.99 for a dozen packages of fifteen cookies. Some prices are too good to pass up.

YUM! Sounds wonderful!

Dang! Now I have to get up and go buy chocolate . . .

Um, Jan? Okay, just to be the little voice in your ear...you were really happy about the fact you'd given up sugar quite a while ago.

Don't be a dark cloud, a little chocolate is good for ones well-being.

Don't be a dark cloud, a little chocolate is good for ones well-being.

I agree - but she was very proud of that and I know she's struggling with garbage at work. I know how easy it is to hork down on the goodies when my mind is in a dark place. I don't want her to be disappointed in herself.

I’ve decided sugar is the devil. White flower too.

I like white flower. Red, pink, purple, yellow, and blue ones as well. I'm not a big fan of orange flower, however, though there is an variety of orange rose at the Portland International Rose Test Garden that is stunning.

I like white flower. Red, pink, purple, yellow, and blue ones as well. I'm not a big fan of orange flower, however, though there is an variety of orange rose at the Portland International Rose Test Garden that is stunning.

Orange zinnias are nice.

Orange zinnias are nice.

First thing that pops into my head when I think of orange flowers is marigolds. I really don't like marigolds. Then mums. Not a fan of mums, either. Zinnias are pretty...in every color but orange.

I’m hoping he gets on a regular diabetic routine with his doctor now. Hopefully this is the only wake up call he needs.

I hope so, too! Hopefully, the way they are monitoring and medicating his diabetes in the hospital will help teach him what he needs to be doing....

Success! And, no drama, no crowds, and no hassles. We got just what we wanted, and saw NONE of the BF madness I dreaded. It was just like going to the store (not the mall, the store) on any other day, but with great prices....

We bought a new TV for our living room. It's an LG, UHD 4K 49 inch smart TV....and it was $130 off. Our current TV is a 42 inch, and is moving to our almost finished family room in the basement....

Um, Jan? Okay, just to be the little voice in your ear...you were really happy about the fact you'd given up sugar quite a while ago.

Yes, I know, Little Voice. And I appreciate your speaking up. I need to get back to that. I don't know what happened. Work is extremely stressful and the depression is stronger than it's been in a good while.

Still, that is no excuse. I had a lot of stress before and still didn't go back. I can't say what happened. It's probably adding to the depression and not feeling well.

Too bad I didn't see this before I hit the store . . .

Sugar is not good for you. IT makes you feel bad. I think I went back because I quit caring about me. It didn't seem to matter.

And all of a sudden, this beautiful fuzzball lying beside me on the sofa starting trilling at me and got up to move closer.

Maybe I can go back to no sugar for her . . .

View attachment 104676

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom