::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A news story last night on TV speculated that tablet computers are falling out of favor with consumers. I find that hard to believe....

A news story last night on TV speculated that tablet computers are falling out of favor with consumers. I find that hard to believe....

The trend was smaller and lighter, as phones grew larger and heavier. Now people want real laptops again, because they can do tablet stuff on their phones.

We went to the DMV today. Parked at the curb was a Tesla. 17 inch view screen in the dash board. Taller than wide.

The trend was smaller and lighter, as phones grew larger and heavier. Now people want real laptops again, because they can do tablet stuff on their phones.

Perhaps it's due to my age, but I find phone screens to be too small to be of much use to me. I do very well on my tablet with the forum, and with Google research, etc. Probably only a function of the limitations of eyesight and manual dexterity, though....

I haven't used my iPad in ages. I use my laptop pretty much just for work stuff. I find that my iPhone does almost everything else. But I do have one of the bigger screens. Weird. I remember how I hated losing my desktop and had to get a laptop. It is good to know I CAN adapt if I have to.

We went to the DMV today. Parked at the curb was a Tesla. 17 inch view screen in the dash board. Taller than wide.

Yes, even the gauges behind the steering wheel are screens. What they call in aviation a "glass cockpit."

Yes, even the gauges behind the steering wheel are screens. What they call in aviation a "glass cockpit."

I dislike video touch screens in cars. I much prefer analog gauges and mechanical switches. It's not that I dislike ALL modern technology in cars. I like ABS brakes, and Bluetooth phone systems, for example. But, I want less technology in the way I interface with the car....

I dislike video touch screens in cars. I much prefer analog gauges and mechanical switches. It's not that I dislike ALL modern technology in cars. I like ABS brakes, and Bluetooth phone systems, for example. But, I want less technology in the way I interface with the car....

Of all the cars I've owned, and there have been many, the best dashboard, in my opinion, was that of my '56 Chevy. Simple, elegant, user-friendly, and easy to use without taking your eyes off of the road....

Yep. There's a model of Infiniti that has no steering column. It's drive-by-wire between the steering wheel and the steering rack. Nothing could go wrong there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom