::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekend plans:

Tonight - Annie's parent-teacher conference is tonight. Before hers we will be watching another kid in her class so that kid's parents can do their conference, then they will watch Annie during hers. We're down to our last days in kindergarten and our last days at the Cedar Hills Kindergarten and Preschool. Sheryl has been very weepy - it's a co-op school, so Sheryl has been a parent teacher at least once a week for the last three years. Emma went there too. It is an amazing school (of course - I went there when I was 3-5 years old!), and we will miss it terribly. It has been tons of fun having my kids go to the same place I went.

Saturday - Emma has a riding lesson and then Sheryl and the girls will go visit Sheryl's grandma. I have a couple of around-the-house projects that have to get done...

Sunday - church then no plans

Monday - we're toying with going to the beach...the traffic should all be going the other way.

Hubby just left. He's off to Wrightwood for a disc golf tourney weekend. I leave Sunday morning for UWC. We won't see each other until the night of the 5th when I fly home.

That's a long separation. I'll miss him.

Weekend plans:

Tonight - Annie's parent-teacher conference is tonight. Before hers we will be watching another kid in her class so that kid's parents can do their conference, then they will watch Annie during hers. We're down to our last days in kindergarten and our last days at the Cedar Hills Kindergarten and Preschool. Sheryl has been very weepy - it's a co-op school, so Sheryl has been a parent teacher at least once a week for the last three years. Emma went there too. It is an amazing school (of course - I went there when I was 3-5 years old!)
it must be a great school to have lasted THAT long.

it must be a great school to have lasted THAT long.

My sisters both went there, too - so add another 8 years to its life, minimum. My kindergarten teacher was new the year I was in kindergarten. She retired in 2000. 27 years. The current kindergarten teacher has been there since then - she is AMAZING.

Rafe Report:

Tonight: Club basketball practice; League basketball clinic

Sat: My school's softball team is in the regional championship at 11:30; Nephew's basketball game at 1:15; BF's son's graduation party (USC grad) at 3:00ish.

Sun: microwave shopping (ours died last night after 35 years of faithful service); farmer's market; clean up and laundry

Mon: no plans

Rafe report:

Tonight - pack my truck full of VW parts, tables, etc. Pack Elaine's car full of stuff for her to take to her daughter in Kentucky this weekend. Probably end up making dinner for Elaine, her best friend (who is going on the Kentucky trip, and sleeping over tonight so they can leave at 0-dark thirty) and myself.

Saturday - Leave early to drive to Buffalo for the VW Swap meet. Spend all day trying to sell my remaining car parts. Pack up whatever I must and bring it home again.

Sunday- Prepare for my trip to Toronto on Monday. Juggling club in the afternoon.

Monday- Leaving early with my friend, headed for Toronto. Morning uke "kick start", afternoon visiting a friend and music store shopping, Monday evening uke jam until 11pm.

Tuesday - Drive.home from Toronto.

If my hamstrings improve (my back is much better already) I may get to enjoy some of it....;)

Rafe Report:
Tonight: $5 Friday at Safeway. Canoe Hut? (not sure if it is happening, holiday weekends sometimes no music)
Saturday: Beach picnic with Nanilei
Sunday: Indy 500, America's Cup qualifying, Monaco GP
Monday: Beach picnic with Nanilei

One more boring presentation to get through and it's on to finals!

The kids presenting right now are not prepared at all. They think because it's a foods class they can wing it. They're the last group presenting. You'd think by now they'd prepare because they know I'm going to ask questions they should be able to answer during their prezo.

I usually tune in to the Indy when there's about twenty or so laps left. Some years I miss the whole thing. I used to watch every minute intently but not so much any more.

So I only have one day off when school is out and then I have to go to a conference in Las Vegas for best practices in teaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom