::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The service technician we called came and got our broken washing machine open, so we could get the wet clothes out. They had been in there for two days.

He says the door lock is broken, and has to be replaced. The part costs $107, and his service fee is $100. He suggested that we try to convince Whirlpool to send us the part for free, since the machine is so new (but out of warranty).

Elaine made the call, and was determined to have her way. End result? Whirlpool is sending a different technician to fix the washer, for free. We called the first guy back, and agreed on $75 for the work he had already done.

Not too bad....

Tonight will either be Patty melts,
Saimin, or chicken pot pie depending.on how motivated I am in the kitchen.

I've been having James help me slice and dice.

It tries your patience at times because what takes him fifteen to twenty minutes to slice, I could have done in 30 seconds. I want him to take his time and do it correctly though. Speed will come with practice. He seems pretty interested in cooking so I was thinking about buying him his own knife.

Salmon patties and pan fried cabbage is our regular Tuesday meal.

Do you eat the patties like a burger?

I should start having a fish night.

It's really a struggle to cook at home. I have to make sure I'm prepared well ahead of time and then usually I have to forego working after school so I can get home with enough time to prepare, eat and clean. Sometimes Mika will clean up but with both our jobs we have to take work home every day so it's a struggle to prepare meals at home.

Salmon patties and pan fried cabbage is our regular Tuesday meal.

Salmon patties are the very worst thing from my childhood. I DO NOT like salmon, and my mom's appalling salmon patties may be part of the reason why. I would come in the kitchen and see her crushing saltine crackers and just start crying.

I've been having James help me slice and dice.

It tries your patience at times because what takes him fifteen to twenty minutes to slice, I could have done in 30 seconds. I want him to take his time and do it correctly though. Speed will come with practice. He seems pretty interested in cooking so I was thinking about buying him his own knife.

Emma is a great cook, but slow as molasses going uphill in winter. I try to be patient, I really do.

Emma is a great cook, but slow as molasses going uphill in winter. I try to be patient, I really do.

I'm learning that James is willing to try more if he has a hand in cooking it. He used to eat everything but last year he started getting picky and all of a sudden didn't like stuff he used to love.

First I went with the "you get what you get and you don't have a fit" rule, and he would eat and not complain but it just wasn't like he used to eat. Since I started having him help me more he's back to commenting "this is yummy" "you're a great chef papa" etc., and he's eating the stuff he "doesn't like."

I'm learning that James is willing to try more if he has a hand in cooking it. He used to eat everything but last year he started getting picky and all of a sudden didn't like stuff he used to love.

First I went with the "you get what you get and you don't have a fit" rule, and he would eat and not complain but it just wasn't like he used to eat. Since I started having him help me more he's back to commenting "this is yummy" "you're a great chef papa" etc., and he's eating the stuff he "doesn't like."

The other thing I noticed that was starting to bother me is the influence of other kids. He never used to snack on potato chips and candy but now all of a sudden he wants Taki's every day after school and other types of junk food.

When he helps me cook I can tell him about fresh versus processed and he listens. He told my wife he didn't want a smoothie after looking to see how much sugar it had in it. "This is more grams of sugar than you're supposed to eat all day and I had a candy bar at lunch that Maya gave me."

Not perfect, but he's getting it.

I'm trying to figure out when I have time to smoke a full plate, short ribs.

I've been reading up on it and it says anywhere from 5-9 hours.

So the local radio station wants to interview me about BCUF. I told them I'm really not interested, but they are still trying. Firstly, I don't really like doing that sort of thing. I've done it before and I'm pretty good at it, but it's not my idea of fun. Secondly, it's nearly sold out, which leads me to the final big reason. Locals want to get in for free. Since UWC is free and last year was free, I get people feeling entitled to get in for free. It's annoying as hell. Instead of gratitude, I get moochers. Some of these people come to UWC every year and came to BCUF last year, so that's maybe 11 free events on my tab that they have enjoyed, but they don't want to pay for one.

So the local radio station wants to interview me about BCUF. I told them I'm really not interested, but they are still trying. Firstly, I don't really like doing that sort of thing. I've done it before and I'm pretty good at it, but it's not my idea of fun. Secondly, it's nearly sold out, which leads me to the final big reason. Locals want to get in for free. Since UWC is free and last year was free, I get people feeling entitled to get in for free. It's annoying as hell. Instead of gratitude, I get moochers. Some of these people come to UWC every year and came to BCUF last year, so that's maybe 11 free events on my tab that they have enjoyed, but they don't want to pay for one.

Well there's a big difference between a community campout and talent show and a workshop and concert weekend. Maybe the radio show would help make the distinction?

Maybe they're under the perception that you make money off of UWC? Maybe that could be a point you can clear up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom