::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never thought about it like that. But yeah, I guess some areas are like that, or could be. They'd have to take their mandated tests too.

Annie's class had to take some kind of mandated test yesterday. She came home and said, "It's so dumb. It was so easy. If they're going to test they should at least make it hard."

Out of the mouths of babes...

Any news on Clive?

Stay tuned on Facebook. Probably nothing today - I don't want to use everything up too quickly. But next Monday I have a plan and later in the week there will be something that still makes me giggle when I think about it.

Are you still on the road?

How long of a drive for you?

I think it's about four hours or just a bit under for me. I haven't been to Yosemite in years now.
we left at 5, stopped at Grapevine for breakfast. We’re passing thru Bakersfield right now and Waze sez we have another 3.5 hours to go....so without the stop just under 6 hours.

Annie's class had to take some kind of mandated test yesterday. She came home and said, "It's so dumb. It was so easy. If they're going to test they should at least make it hard."

Out of the mouths of babes...

Before they got rid of it, the California Exit Exam was at the 4th grade level.

They got rid of it after dumbing it down year after year because too many kids were failing it.

I’m having fun and (plan on) making music with my friends. (Brought 2 ukes)

Take pics please. Especially one from the meadow facing half dome. I imagine that field of snow being really pretty especially with the river and then half dome in the background.

Good morning, one and all! I'm still here, alive and quite well, but fighting wonky WiFi. I'm now over 100 pages behind, as it's very hard to load pages, at the moment....

Good morning, one and all! I'm still here, alive and quite well, but fighting wonky WiFi. I'm now over 100 pages behind, as it's very hard to load pages, at the moment....

You're so far behind that your avatar hasn't changed yet.

Interesting that so many people do their first sleep studies in a clinic setting. I was sent home with an at-home monitor. I had to do a little class to learn how to truss myself up with the crazy thing - but I got to sleep in my own bed. The results were definite enough that they went straight to the APAP with me.

Some insurers, Medicare, for example, will not accept a home sleep "study". They insist on a monitored study in a clinical environment. They also insist that said study be less than ten years old.

This is why I'm scheduled for a new sleep-over in April, just to get Medicare to agree to pay for my CPAP supplies, which I've needed for what....14 years?

Mike Love is fantastic, but their acoustics could be awful. Subpar food which sounds like it probably came from cans makes me wonder what else they’d skimp on.

We thought MAYBE they fixed their issues since they went through the trouble of building a new restaurant that has been open for quite a while now.
Nope.
I will start by saying chips and salsa were actually ok.
I had an 'El Pastor' taco which should have been my fist clue (for those who don't know it's Al Pastor) and it was actually quite good, they used pineapple as the fruit and it worked.
Nanilei had the San Felipe fish taco and said it was better than the North Shore version but not up to par.
We shared a plate of beef taquitos that our space cadet server said was a new item (not even on the menu yet) and received....
Four tiny taquitos, cut in half on a bias but not evenly, like knife skills of a four year old, and we think the taquitos came from Costco.
Actually, come to think of it, we have had Costco taquitos and those were better.
Sigh.
Oh, and no music.

We thought MAYBE they fixed their issues since they went through the trouble of building a new restaurant that has been open for quite a while now.
Nope.
I will start by saying chips and salsa were actually ok.
I had an 'El Pastor' taco which should have been my fist clue (for those who don't know it's Al Pastor) and it was actually quite good, they used pineapple as the fruit and it worked.
Nanilei had the San Felipe fish taco and said it was better than the North Shore version but not up to par.
We shared a plate of beef taquitos that our space cadet server said was a new item (not even on the menu yet) and received....
Four tiny taquitos, cut in half on a bias but not evenly, like knife skills of a four year old, and we think the taquitos came from Costco.
Actually, come to think of it, we have had Costco taquitos and those were better.
Sigh.
Oh, and no music.

What is it with Hawaii and Mexican food?

The ingredients are easily acquired. I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom