::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
started searching indy 500 packages today. It's the weekend after my last sunday. Seems like a good way to celebrate. It'd be nice to have someone go with. The single occupancy premium is pretty strong. Maybe b v-b.

Uwc is the following week.
fify........

What year is Violet?

I love Garage Squad on Velocity. It's a car rescue show.

1996 GT.
First year of the Modular 4.6 SOHC V8.
First year of a plastic intake manifold.
It cracked.
Bonus was that it was a known issue that was fixed on the 1998 Model.
So I got a 1998 intake installed free from Ford.
That and a K&N got me a few extra ponies too.
I miss driving her so it will be fun to have that option again.

I personally do not think I could handle attending the 500 and UWC in the same week.
I must admit it sounds like an incredible two weeks.

But I'm not sure I wanna be that rustic.

Understand not being sure about the rustic part, although I love being on the field with the ukulele family. Not being able to bath or shower is the only drawback for me. Having to run to town and spend $8.00 for a shower is a bit of a hassle. Am toying with the idea of making my own portable shower. Will see if I come up with a solution...

That’s incredibly stupid.

Find a new job. That school stinks on too many levels.

Switching jobs as a teacher is very complicated.

Not all your years of service transfer for one thing and that's huge. You could have 20 years experience and the new school might only give you credit for 7, so here you are a 20 year veteran starting at 7th year pay. And then there's your retirement which could be affected depending on how your state works, and it will definitely be affected by your new pay rate. Insurance could change. There's a whole bunch of factors that keep teachers trapped in a school.

Just saying it's not that easy.

Yes, even going to a "cheap" college (cheaper than my local university), it's a little over a grand a month. And I have about 16 months til graduation, plus books.

When I graduated high school community college cost $5.00 for registration fees and San Jose State's tuition was $67.00 a semester. What government and Universities have done to college fees is despicable and unnecessary. We're way too top heavy in the way we regulate education and we have too much profiteering off the students.

When I graduated high school community college cost $5.00 for registration fees and San Jose State's tuition was $67.00 a semester. What government and Universities have done to college fees is despicable and unnecessary. We're way too top heavy in the way we regulate education and we have too much profiteering off the students.

Community college tuition here is $105 a credit hour, but this is for a bachelors, and the community colleges here do not offer anything beyond associate's degrees.

My university tuition is just under $400 a credit hour. It's actually right in line with my local university, but because I moved so much from school to school, I'd lose a lot of credits if I went locally. Plus, the local turns out more expensive when you factor in obscene semester parking pass fees. Plus it's cold out, lol.

Community college tuition here is $105 a credit hour, but this is for a bachelors, and the community colleges here do not offer anything beyond associate's degrees.

My university tuition is just under $400 a credit hour. It's actually right in line with my local university, but because I moved so much from school to school, I'd lose a lot of credits if I went locally. Plus, the local turns out more expensive when you factor in obscene semester parking pass fees. Plus it's cold out, lol.

I'm just appalled at how much a college education costs these days. Back then you paid tuition and then books. Now they charge per unit in addition to the tuition.

San Jose State costs $7, 418.00/semester this year for tuition and $396.00 PER unit. If I had to pay for college today I would most likely be a truck driver or a janitor somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom