::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RL Kid did very well today. He goes back again on Thursday and Friday. Thursday he gets to start greeting customer pets as they come in.

That is really cool! I think they just hired a kid with Down Syndrome in the Deli at Safeway. I don't think he runs the slicer, but he happily weighs out pre-sliced cold cuts, cheese and salad items in the case.
Always a huge smile on his face. It is happy-making to see him enjoying himself being helpful.

Today I extracted my (gasp!) guitar from the closet. Strings are in good shape! It was in tune as well. Wish I could say the same about my fingers.

Sailing. Now guitar. Nanilei seems to have gotten in the way of your recreation.

(I kid. I know you miss her terribly.)

Oh, I forgot to mention I popped in to Hawaii Music Supply on the way to the boat yesterday.

Sailing. Now guitar. Nanilei seems to have gotten in the way of your recreation.

(I kid. I know you miss her terribly.)

It's all I can do to keep the lack of her presence at bay. I was actually talking to myself this morning.

So I get to HMS, Corey is behind the counter,
Len (Hawaii 50) is there with a buddy of his (I forgot his name but Gary might know him) who was visiting. And Noah was there too.

Len hands me this GORGEOUS spruce-topped, purpleheart back and sides special edition KoAloha. Uh Oh.

It was so bright, such clear tone, I really enjoyed playing it. As I am goofing around, Kalei Gamiao walks in.

Len's friend asks this other guy who was chilling in the store if he plays, and he just kinda said, "oh, a little when I was younger" the guy was maybe 26.

Then I made a joke about just hand out here (made a circle in the air) there is so much talent in this room, something is bound to rub off.

Kalei laughs and says, "Yeah, that's all we do is sit here and jam all day. It's great!"

It would be yet another retirement income option.
Errors
The following errors occurred with your submission
This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 6 seconds.

My BIL says he has a couple of people that help him with the boat, one guy is pretty good, and the other guy is just lazy.
He says if I had my captain's license he would jettison the lazy guy immediately.

He has a 21-year-old daughter that has her license, but he is not quite comfortable letting her take the boat by herself.

So like you said, an opportunity to sail a couple times a month on the North Shore? AND get paid to do it? Sign me up!

3_214-700x700.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom