::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister-in-law, Elaine's sister, is in New Hampshire visiting her daughter's family. Out of the blue, last night, she sends a picture of her granddaughter sitting at the table playing uke.

She says K saved up her money, and bought herself an acoustic/electric Mitchell uke. I had no idea she even had an interest. My SIL says she plays pretty well and sounds good....

It felt like it has in the past for me. Didn't feel crowded or overwhelming.

Interestingly enough, I felt like this was smaller than the years past. Maybe it's because the DeGs adopted me, and it felt small and like home so I didn't notice so many people around me.

I didn't really mind not branching out too much because everyone in that group was so amazing.

I had a much better time this year than last year. I was in a much better place mentally this year. :)

I have been enjoying seeing all the pictures and videos on FB. But...well...it also kind of triggers the old social anxiety thing in me. Mike estimated 900 people this year? That's...daunting. I had the best time ever the first year I went (UWC 2), and have enjoyed each one I've been to (2, 3, 5, and 8). But 900 people? My heart is beating faster just reading that.

I doubt there was that many. It seemed to me there were less people on the field than 8. I'm not in the group pic this year. Being in the middle of all those people made me feel really claustrophobic and I was beginning to feel a panic attack coming.

I doubt there was that many. It seemed to me there were less people on the field than 8. I'm not in the group pic this year. Being in the middle of all those people made me feel really claustrophobic and I was afraid a panic attack coming.

I'm in it, but I doubt you can see me. In fact, I don't think you can see me in the last few since I haven't really tried to make myself visible.

My sister-in-law, Elaine's sister, is in New Hampshire visiting her daughter's family. Out of the blue, last night, she sends a picture of her granddaughter sitting at the table playing uke.

She says K saved up her money, and bought herself an acoustic/electric Mitchell uke. I had no idea she even had an interest. My SIL says she plays pretty well and sounds good....

Maybe this will change Elaine's mind about the uke?

Interestingly enough, I felt like this was smaller than the years past. Maybe it's because the DeGs adopted me, and it felt small and like home so I didn't notice so many people around me.

I didn't really mind not branching out too much because everyone in that group was so amazing.

I had a much better time this year than last year. I was in a much better place mentally this year. :)

I love the Deg's. Deg and other members of the SeUkers helped me feel at home my first UWC. They said I could be an honorary SeUker. I would love to make it down to Georgia one of these days.

I'm in it, but I doubt you can see me. In fact, I don't think you can see me in the last few since I haven't really tried to make myself visible.

I tried to hide one year. Mike Hater called me out and made me move to where I wasn't behind someone taller than me.

I did some work on it; built one small unit for the recycling bins. I'm done with that for the day, in the hopes I didn't do too much. All my tools and mess are cleaned up.

Back to lazy....

After doing physical work of any kind it is highly recommended you do some slow long stretches to avoid pain afterwards. This really does help. And do make sure you are drinking a lot of water.

I had a great time at UWC. I don't think my uke came out of it's case though. At this point I go to catch up with all the friends I have made at UWC and online through the ukulele communities. I did play some uke when people handed me one while they needed their hands to be free.

yes, me too. It just felt like home there at the Flithy Canopy. I did bop around and visit everyone, but the home base was nice. And I didn't panic about being everywhere all the time. I just went with the flow. Some nights I was in bed by 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom