::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were just invited to a friend's house for dinner. I wonder what she is making? She is a good cook. She recently moved out of the place she used to live,
we are friends with her former roommate which is how we met. Her husband is in the Navy, currently deployed, and they have a 1 year old son who is super adorable.

After doing physical work of any kind it is highly recommended you do some slow long stretches to avoid pain afterwards. This really does help. And do make sure you are drinking a lot of water.

This. Sally has good advice.

I have no doubt that you are both right. I've never been much for stretching ( which could be part of the problem, I suppose). I do a good job of hydrating, though....

I have never felt true claustrophobia until yesterday. I usually pick an aisle seat but I was tired. I decided to take a window seat on the plane so I could sleep with my pillow against the window. Now I am not a tiny person but a woman three times my size sat in the middle seat. She had to utilize a seat belt extender. I thought I'd be okay but then a person sat in the aisle seat which shoved us all towards me. I was so squished in I couldn't breath. I was at the back of the plane crammed in a corner. I just about freaked out. I was so trying to hold it together, but I couldn't move at all. It was hot, I was boxed in and the woman next to me was really tall too making me feel even more stuck. About that time the steward saw out situation and found a seat somewhere else for the aisle person.

I was terrified for a while. I was afraid I was going to be that screaming maniac they have to remove from the plane.

Last edited:
I have no doubt that you are both right. I've never been much for stretching ( which could be part of the problem, I suppose). I do a good job of hydrating, though....

Old dog, new trick.

Nanilei and I always play that game in the lounge. Who's sitting next to us? Once it absolutely was the largest Hawaiian in the lounge. The plane was full.
Good thing it was only a 30 minute flight! I had the middle.

A high school friend of mine just bought a uke at HMS.

"This really nice guy helped me out and he played so pretty. HE KNEW YOU! I just mentioned my friend Gary recommended coming here all the way from San Jose and this guy named Len said 'Yoshida?' . . . and then all the guys were like 'oh Gary'"

She got pretty lucky. Kalei, played and picked out a uke for her and then she got to listen to Corey, Kalei and Noah jam together for half an hour.

New way to drop the same old names :biglaugh:

Now your name is being dropped. Don't shatter.

A friend of mine is planning on taking a four week harmonica class this summer with his kids, and wants me to join them. I enjoy their company, and have always liked harmonica, so I think I'll take him up on it.

I started to learn to play years ago, until I realized that I am allergic to the metal side plates on the harmonica. Blistered lips are no fun! Since then, I've discovered a company (Turboharp) that makes polycarbonate replacements for the side plates (turbolids), that will solve that problem.

That's another thing to do today...order a turbolid so I'll be ready to go in July....

All registered for the class. New harmonica and turbolid are ordered and on the way.

This should be fun! The class is on four consecutive Thursday evenings, beginning on July 13....

I had a great time at UWC. I don't think my uke came out of it's case though. At this point I go to catch up with all the friends I have made at UWC and online through the ukulele communities. I did play some uke when people handed me one while they needed their hands to be free.

My uke come out in the cabin once, but when we were on the field the tent ate my uke so I couldn't play it.

Besides, the stupid squeaking strings were driving me crazy!

yes, me too. It just felt like home there at the Flithy Canopy. I did bop around and visit everyone, but the home base was nice. And I didn't panic about being everywhere all the time. I just went with the flow. Some nights I was in bed by 11.

Definitely. I love Colin, but not having Colin there also removed the pressure to drink a ton since Faricelli wasn't on his A game either. It made for a more sober and more relaxed UWC which worked out pretty well for me. :)

Wouldn't you know I sold my harmonica at our garage sale last year? I also need to get a ten hole, diatonic C harp....

Daddy used to play a harmonica. Those things are fun. Dang. Now I want one. I used to have one but I think I gave it away. Going to go check out Turboharp . . .

Definitely. I love Colin, but not having Colin there also removed the pressure to drink a ton since Faricelli wasn't on his A game either. It made for a more sober and more relaxed UWC which worked out pretty well for me. :)
More about the people, less about the partying.

All registered for the class. New harmonica and turbolid are ordered and on the way.

This should be fun! The class is on four consecutive Thursday evenings, beginning on July 13....

Which one did you get? Did you order both from TurboHarp?

I have never felt true claustrophobia until yesterday. I usually pick an aisle seat but I was tired. I decided to take a window seat on the plane so I could sleep with my pillow against the window. Now I am not a tiny person but a woman three times my size sat in the middle seat. She had to utilize a seat belt extender. I thought I'd be okay but then a person sat in the aisle seat which shoved us all towards me. I was so squished in I couldn't breath. I was at the back of the plane crammed in a corner. I just about freaked out. I was so trying to hold it together, but I couldn't move at all. It was hot, I was boxed in and the woman next to me was really tall too making me feel even more stuck. About that time the steward saw out situation and found a seat somewhere else for the aisle person.

I was terrified for a while. I was afraid I was going to be that screaming maniac they have to remove from the plane.

((Sally)) It's a scary feeling.

I did get to see more of the other side of Faricelli without Collin around. I liked it.

Next year is the 10th one. It's gonna be a gooder. Everyone should start planning meow to be there.

I heard Dominator might be in attendance. I hope so. Dom and Joann are amongst my most favoritest* people.

*suck on that grammar grinches. (Y'know I lubbs you, right?)

I should start dinner and feed the dogs. I'm surprised the big fluffy one isn't poking her nose at my bum and demanding food already. That one thinks with her stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom