::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard of (and had) a version of Jalapeno poppers before, but always as a breaded, deep-fried thing. No bacon.

Your version sounds WAY better.

Slice them without halving them, clean like Don suggested, stuff with sausage and cream cheese, wrap in bacon and then smoke them.

Amazing!

Me and the girls took Mike out for Chinese food for his birthday tonight. New Ruby Palace is one of those old fashioned Chinese restaurants with the big lazy susan in the middle of the table. It was fun. Of course Katie brought Luis so I thought it would be a good night to include Penny's new beau Jake. They've been dating a couple months and we really haven't had a lot of interaction with him yet. He totally fits in with our family. I like him.

Haven't been to Maui in 9 years but I'll be there in a few weeks.

That price seems too good to be true.

Go check it out for me, ha ha!

Hey Gary, where does your wife find your cheap flights to Hawaii? Any pointers?

Go check it out for me, ha ha!

Hey Gary, where does your wife find your cheap flights to Hawaii? Any pointers?

They aren't cheap.

We go peak season because of my job. She finds deals on hotels by hitting time share trade in sites I think. We do book our flights months and months outand then she watches to see if they drop in price.

I'll ask her and get back to you.

They aren't cheap.

We go peak season because of my job. She finds deals on hotels by hitting time share trade in sites I think. We do book our flights months and months outand then she watches to see if they drop in price.

I'll ask her and get back to you.
thanks. .

2:50am. Awake after a few hours of sleep.

I am totally wiped out. This week was exhausting and discouraging. Paperwork, cleaning my room, packing up most of my school stuff and making 15 or so trips home with the car full of my school stuff. I ache all over from lifting heavy boxes of books and stuff. Living room floor is covered with boxes of school stuff now.

It is very discouraging. I have not heard back for more interviews. There is a cutoff date for transferring. If I don't get something, I will be stuck where I am at for another year. Our performance rating is even lower than last year.

I am also discouraged because I am trying to purge my house and now there's crap everywhere.

And yet, all this week something inside my soul was driving me - compelling me to get my stuff out of there. I cannot explain it. It wasn't a head thing - not a thought process. A drive from within. I tried to listen and follow. My body was so weary but "it" kept pushing me on to do this. And, as I look at all the junk all over my living room in discouragement, there is also a feeling of ? contentment maybe? that all of my stuff is with me and not there.

I still have another carload of stuff to bring home on Monday. I guess I will purge my school stuff this summer and only keep what I need. That way, if I do move, I won't be taking useless stuff with me. If I don't move, I will only take back the bare essentials.

That's a lot of a thought dump this early in the morning but something I needed to get out of my system. Maybe I can go back to sleep now that I have unloaded that.

Earlier today Mika was behind me on a freeway transition. In my rear view mirror I see a guy come zooming up and try to squeeze past her. He totally cut her off and I thought they hit because their mirrors over lapped. That's how close he was to her and she was inches from the guardrail on the other side. She breaks and he goes flying past her and coming up hard on me like he's going to try the same maneuver so I Tap my breaks to scare him because there is no way he can stop. It's rush hour traffic so the freeway I'm merging on to is packed and there's no where for him to go. He swerved right, took out a sign and scraped against the guardrail. I pull over to make sure a CHP hears about the way he was driving and three other cars come flying up and pin him in with their cars. Apparently he was driving like an idiot for miles and caused an accident on the other freeway and kept going. They were chasing him to get a license plate number. He couldn't even get out of his car the way they had him blocked off. I didn't know what was going on but he rolled his window down to try to crawl out and one of the guys told him he'd knock him out with a golf club if he tried to get away.

I gave my cell number to one of the guys and left because I needed to pick up James and I hadn't checked on Mika yet (she kept going so I knew he didn't hit her). A CHP called me about 30 minutes later to take my statement. He asked if I slammed on my brakes. I didn't. But I did slow down because the freeway we were merging on to was backed up.

That was my excitement for the day.

2:50am. Awake after a few hours of sleep.

I am totally wiped out. This week was exhausting and discouraging. Paperwork, cleaning my room, packing up most of my school stuff and making 15 or so trips home with the car full of my school stuff. I ache all over from lifting heavy boxes of books and stuff. Living room floor is covered with boxes of school stuff now.

It is very discouraging. I have not heard back for more interviews. There is a cutoff date for transferring. If I don't get something, I will be stuck where I am at for another year. Our performance rating is even lower than last year.

I am also discouraged because I am trying to purge my house and now there's crap everywhere.

And yet, all this week something inside my soul was driving me - compelling me to get my stuff out of there. I cannot explain it. It wasn't a head thing - not a thought process. A drive from within. I tried to listen and follow. My body was so weary but "it" kept pushing me on to do this. And, as I look at all the junk all over my living room in discouragement, there is also a feeling of ? contentment maybe? that all of my stuff is with me and not there.

I still have another carload of stuff to bring home on Monday. I guess I will purge my school stuff this summer and only keep what I need. That way, if I do move, I won't be taking useless stuff with me. If I don't move, I will only take back the bare essentials.

That's a lot of a thought dump this early in the morning but something I needed to get out of my system. Maybe I can go back to sleep now that I have unloaded that.

Isn't it amazing how instantly tired you get when you don't have to be "on" for teaching? I was exhausted in Vegas. Never go to a conference two days after the end of school.

I hope there's something better for you next year!

Isn't it amazing how instantly tired you get when you don't have to be "on" for teaching? I was exhausted in Vegas. Never go to a conference two days after the end of school.

I hope there's something better for you next year!

Thanks. Yeah, I think we run on adrenaline much of the year. At the end, it all comes crashing down.

Think I'll check FB to see if there are Canoe Hut pics

We were there earlier! No music tonight. I was so excited about the amazing deal I got on the TV I decided to treat us to Helena's. We ate and then since it was Ross' birthday (the bartender) this past Wednesday we went to Chinatown, bought him a lei,
then went to have a beer to let traffic die down. Now home eating leftover pipi stew and watching John Wick 2.

Well now we are Really, really , really officially locals.
We want to go see the Hokulei'a arrive tomorrow, but we don't want to deal with the crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom