::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do the news around dinner time and some primetime shows, depending on which night.

Fine job Don. I wonder how many Ks there will be this chapter?

Well, it's going the right direction. Isn't that awfully low percentage?

My school is pretty high achieving and has high test scores. We have about a 98% rate of kids attending college (two year counts).

I looked and saw where they say 81% graduation from high school, for our nation.
The "No child left behind" thing probably has something to do with the result. But then I have to ask are they just running a mill, where they push people through, with a not so high quality education, so they can claim success?

"No Child Left Behind" was a brilliant campaign slogan.

There was no thought or money behind it.

Seems typical of inner city districts. KCMO schools have never been fully accredited in the 17 years I've been in the area. On their 4th superintendent. They think it's a great city because it has BBQ, the Royals, & Chiefs. Those things are irrelevant.

Not going to change until they start building respect for the profession and stop siphoning money from the top and get it to the classrooms where it belongs.

There's enough money in education. It just goes to the wrong people.

Going to get worse with Betsy at the helm.

I see touting the improvement, with the caveat "We are still far, far from where we need to be - but we have improved and will continue to work hard to keep improving."

Honestly, if that district has no money, they won't have the programs needed for the "safety nets" to catch those kids and get them on a graduating track.

It's sad.

It SUCKS!

Yes, that would be a better approach.

From what I've heard, one of the district's biggest problems is truancy. You can't teach them if they aren't there....

I've read that stems from the poverty. Kids don't see education as the way out.

Even at my school.

I run a career fair every other year. If I bring in someone like an FBI profiler the room is packed with kids that have terrible grades.

"I'm going to be a CSI!"

They have no idea those people have multiple degrees. They just see them on TV and that's what they're going to do.

Anyhow, when kids don't see a way out of the cycle they're in, they just fall out and start the cycle earlier.

I'm sipping a pretty tasty iced coffee with mint leaves. Didn't think I'd like it but it's pretty refreshing.

Sorry dude.

YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ME! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! NOW I'M GOING INTO AN HOUR AND A HALF MEETING WITHOUT COFFEE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

*curls into corner to sob*

YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ME! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! NOW I'M GOING INTO AN HOUR AND A HALF MEETING WITHOUT COFFEE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

*curls into corner to sob*

I would think you had an Aero Press or something similar at work for emergencies.

Oh - and the hot water I need for the Aeropress comes from a spigot on the coffee maker.

You're SOL.

Wait. You're in the PNW. There's a Starbuck's on every corner!!!

Desperate times and so forth.

Knowing the machine was broken yesterday afternoon I picked up Starbucks on my way in. But it's still broken and I need my second dose!

Knowing the machine was broken yesterday afternoon I picked up Starbucks on my way in. But it's still broken and I need my second dose!

I just used a gift card for Peet's Coffee from a student.

"You have $96.00 balance on the card sir."

WTH?!

$100.00 gift card? Need to send a thank you card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom