::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have to have a place to live. How can people just not pay those rent prices but still live in that area?

San Jose had/has the largest homeless encampment in the US.

They tore it down and cleaned it out a couple years ago, but it's my understanding that it's back and growing.

Getting ready to make chili at church for our annual fundraiser. Love that chili!

A friend from our old church used to make about 4 different varieties of chili for potlucks, all of them amazing. But my favorite was what he called "Texas Death Breath." As a proper Texas chili there were no beans - just meat and spices. And garlic. And garlic. And garlic. He never would give me the recipe.

A friend from our old church used to make about 4 different varieties of chili for potlucks, all of them amazing. But my favorite was what he called "Texas Death Breath." As a proper Texas chili there were no beans - just meat and spices. And garlic. And garlic. And garlic. He never would give me the recipe.

On a related note, that church voted last Sunday to close. We were in a great place until an issue of social justice came up and divided the congregation. I said at one point that the devil is in the details, and if a church is being true to its mission then this issue was really just details. Well...the devil was in them, I guess - and the church failed.

People have to have a place to live. How can people just not pay those rent prices but still live in that area?

Live in outlying areas and commute? I don't know the answer.

I just know that the rents could not stay at those high levels unless someone was willing to pay them....

Live in outlying areas and commute? I don't know the answer.

I just know that the rents could not stay at those high levels unless someone was willing to pay them....

The rents in the outlying areas of the Bay Area are hideous too, I believe. Like Gary said, the tech companies have high pay - the property companies price rent accordingly. It's a vicious cycle, but that's what capitalism allows. Unlike concerts and movies and coffee, housing is a basic need that can't just be given up.

The rents in the outlying areas of the Bay Area are hideous too, I believe. Like Gary said, the tech companies have high pay - the property companies price rent accordingly. It's a vicious cycle, but that's what capitalism allows. Unlike concerts and movies and coffee, housing is a basic need that can't just be given up.

It's even worse than that. The people with money are coming in and offering more than what is being asked and landlords are of course taking it and not renewing existing rental agreements or even evicting people. In SF, all the character of the different districts is being lost to young and wealthy tech workers.

On a related note, that church voted last Sunday to close. We were in a great place until an issue of social justice came up and divided the congregation. I said at one point that the devil is in the details, and if a church is being true to its mission then this issue was really just details. Well...the devil was in them, I guess - and the church failed.

Wait. Your new church? What's going on?

No one that is part of the infrastructure of Santa Barbara can afford to live there. Police, fire, and hospital employees mostly live in Ventura, a 45 minute drive south. There is one road in and one road out of Santa Barbara. When the big one hits they're screwed.

No one that is part of the infrastructure of Santa Barbara can afford to live there. Police, fire, and hospital employees mostly live in Ventura, a 45 minute drive south. There is one road in and one road out of Santa Barbara. When the big one hits they're screwed.

Part of the reason traffic is so bad around here now. People live as far away as Sacramento, Los Banos and Salinas. If you know the area, you know how far away that is.

aae0009.jpg

This photographer is going out of business and wants to sell us digital copies for pictures we already have proofs of.

$200.00 for around 70 pictures.

Thoughts?

Falling asleep at my desk and I still have two classes to go.

Not looking good.

more coffee

View attachment 104379

This photographer is going out of business and wants to sell us digital copies for pictures we already have proofs of.

$200.00 for around 70 pictures.

Thoughts?

You have the proofs? What else do you need? Might as well burn the money. Or!!! Send it to me. I just missed 4 says of work. And I'm out of vacation.

You have the proofs? What else do you need? Might as well burn the money. Or!!! Send it to me. I just missed 4 says of work. And I'm out of vacation.

That's almost word for word what I just wrote Mika. We have the proofs we wanted. Getting digital copies of all the shots and doing nothing with them is throwing money away. He's trying to sucker us in with cute photos of our own kid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom