::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to IKEA and an Asian grocery store today. (Hey Gary I bought some low salt miso paste, I didn’t know they made it.)

We’re sitting here eating miso soup, edamame, and sushi and watching the olympics. We’ve got Mochi and tiny cream puffs for dessert.

I went to the Asian market to buy mackerel. This student at school shared some she had prepared that was really good. You buy these small steamed mackerel, clean them and roast them. They’re almost like jerky, really good. But this market didn’t have them. I’m surprised this store is massive.

It appeared that way to me and many other people. It was discussed at length on FB. They say it was the lighting that made it appear that way. The stadium was full.

Well you could see gaps in the lighting where small clusters of people were sitting. I still enjoyed watching it.

Went to IKEA and an Asian grocery store today. (Hey Gary I bought some low salt miso paste, I didn’t know they made it.)

We’re sitting here eating miso soup, edamame, and sushi and watching the olympics. We’ve got Mochi and tiny cream puffs for dessert.

I went to the Asian market to buy mackerel. This student at school shared some she had prepared that was really good. You buy these small steamed mackerel, clean them and roast them. They’re almost like jerky, really good. But this market didn’t have them. I’m surprised this store is massive.

I need to try that! I like jerky. Isn't mackerel a fish?

We have a new ikea in Indy. I need to go check it out.

Tomorrow we’re going to visit my MIL. It’s time to visit her again and besides that she just found out last week that her breast cancer is back. This is her third time.

She’s had 2 lumpectomies (one on both sides) once in ‘96 and again in 2007. I think if I was her I’d opt for a double mastectomy.

I’m not saying she doesn’t deserve support, but this woman is the queen of poor me. When Katie called her 2 weeks ago to tell her she was engaged the woman managed to flip the conversation from “congratulations” to “I have to go in for another mammogram, I’m so worried”. Katie, of course the ever sweet grand daughter replied with only the most supportive comments to her grandma.

Tomorrow I’m going to take my table and give her a massage. Mike will take his tools and fix things around the house.

Well you could see gaps in the lighting where small clusters of people were sitting. I still enjoyed watching it.

I thought that too. But everything I read said the opening ceremonies were sold out.

Well today sucked. I'm done with people for a while. Nothing I do for anyone is good enough. My family sucks. My friends suck. I suck. End of rant

(((((Debby)))))
Please don't lump yourself in with them when everyone else is being an asshat.
Sending positive vibes your way!

We had a dusting of snow yesterday afternoon into evening. < 1". The sun is shining this morning and it's going to warm up a bit. It probably isn't worth messing with. But, it's good exercise being out and moving around. We'll see.

We had a dusting of snow yesterday afternoon into evening. < 1". The sun is shining this morning and it's going to warm up a bit. It probably isn't worth messing with. But, it's good exercise being out and moving around. We'll see.

What I woke up to yesterday. Had an early meeting. The snow was gone by 10 am.

We got about 3 inches overnight, but it's warm and sunny today and it's mostly melted off the street and sidewalks, so no work to be done. Perfect!

"Amazing how many mainland people we meet doing those kinds of things here. No wonder locals get upset about lack of jobs. There are people on-island that are perfectly capable of doing that work, but mainland companies don't seem to bother to look. "

That's pretty much the case everywhere isn't it? Here in Brown County it's the big contractors from Indianapolis. In Indianapolis, it's the Mexicans.

Gotta love snow this time of year as we near the springtime. Snow in am and 70 by afternoon. We're supposed to get 2 days this week at 70 and above!

I don't think we will see 70 quite yet. Perhaps bumping to sixty on the warm day. Then oscillating from the twenties to the upper fifties. We still have snow piled up from last week. It's supposed to start raining tomorrow I think so that might wipe it out. Then we can go boating?

I don't think we will see 70 quite yet. Perhaps bumping to sixty on the warm day. Then oscillating from the twenties to the upper fifties. We still have snow piled up from last week. It's supposed to start raining tomorrow I think so that might wipe it out. Then we can go boating?

My general area is in a flood watch until Wednesday morning. No problem on my street, but others might get a bit soggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom