::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We used to have good luck with cold water with eggs bring to boil then cover and turn off for 15 mins. Then cold shock them. Not anymore. And really older egss are easier I thought it was opposite?

That works sometimes and other times I want to throw the eggs against a wall.

I think it depends on the egg for success with that cooking method. Full proof for never having green yolks though.

My lunch was 270 calories.

Breakfast and lunch together was under 1000.

Does this mean I can pig out at dinner?

I read something about having some soup a half hour before dinner helping with dinner gorging. I love to feel full, so that's where I get a little nutso.

So we're going to Benihana for dinner tonight.

After studying the nutrition guide it looks like I can have the soup, salad and maybe chicken and shrimp combo and easily stay within my calorie budget and be okay on salt as well just have to go easy on the mustard sauce. I don't like the ginger one anyhow.

I order fried rice every time but only take a bite to taste it and then James usually eats the rest.
That's what I did when I went gluten free. I figured the five places we go most often, and what I can eat there. I made an index card cheat sheet to put in my purse. That way I could just autopilot and eat safely.

That works sometimes and other times I want to throw the eggs against a wall.

I think it depends on the egg for success with that cooking method. Full proof for never having green yolks though.

I wonder if hard water/soft water factors in?

That's what I did when I went gluten free. I figured the five places we go most often, and what I can eat there. I made an index card cheat sheet to put in my purse. That way I could just autopilot and eat safely.

That's a great idea.

I think I'm looking at mostly side dishes and salads. Most everything else will have too much salt in restaurants.

Dammit!

Tonkotsu Ramen is about 1250 calories.

That's going to be a bite of Mika's order and a salad when we go for ramen.

The Habit is gone.

Even their grilled chicken salad with no dressing has 1000mg. of salt.

1500 is the RDA

Buckwheat soba noodles are a better option.

They are, but still surprisingly loaded with carbs even though buckwheat itself doesn't contain carbs. Unless the place is grinding their own buckwheat for flour their noodles have wheat flour as a binder.

That's something I discovered when I first learned I had diabetes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom