::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my buddy and I are going to Ohio on Friday to attend a weekend spintop festival. It's in a little town called Miamisburg, between Dayton and Cincinnati. This will be our third year attending.

To make this year's trip even more special, we're going a couple of hours (2 1/2?) out of our way on the way down to visit Mainland Ukulele! I think we may each pick up a new uke to mark the event.

It's almost 10 hours from here to Mainland, and then about 2 1/2 hours back to Miamisburg. It'll mean a long day on the road, but it'll be worth it! We're taking my truck, and sharing the driving.

We expect to see Mike at his store by mid-afternoon. I can't wait!

Looking forward to it!

Code:
[COLOR="#000080"][CENTER]MOON SHADOW
CAT STEVENS[/CENTER]

CHORUS
Oh, [D] I'm bein' followed by a moon shadow,
[G] moon shadow, [A7] moon [D] shadow,
[D] Leapin and hoppin' on a moon shadow,
[G] moon shadow, [A7] moon [D] shadow.

And [G] if I [D] ever [G] lose my [D] hands,
[G] lose my [D] plough, [Em] lose my [A7] land,
Oh [G] if I [D] ever [G] lose my [D] hands,
oh [Em] if   [A7]  [D]  [F#m]  [Bm]
I [Em]won't have to [A] work no [D] more.

And [G] if I [D] ever [G] lose my [D]eyes,
[G] lose my [D] colours, [Em] all run [A7] dry,
Yes [G] if I [D] ever [G] lose my [D] eyes,
oh [Em] if [A7] [D] [F#m] [Bm]
I [Em] won't have to [A] cry no [D] more.

CHORUS

[E7] Did it take long to [A] find me?
[E] I asked the faithful [A] light.
[E] Did it take long to [A] find me?
[E7] And are you gonna stay the [A] night?

CHORUS

And [G] if I [D] ever [G] lose my [D] legs,
I [G] won't [D] moan and I [Em] won't [A7] beg,
Oh [G] if I [D] ever [G] lose my [D] legs,
I [Em] won't have to [A] walk no [D] more.

And [G] if I [D] ever [G] lose my [D] mouth,
[G] all my [D] teeth, [Em] north and [A7] south,
Yes [G] if I [D] ever [G] lose my [D] mouth,
I [Em] won't have to [A] talk.

CHORUS

[G] moon shadow, [A7] moon [D] shadow.[/COLOR]

Perfect, Rob!

Got up this morning so Matt could drive to school (he's getting better), at one point I looked over across a foggy field and saw a large red fox slinking along. It was a beautiful unexpected moment.

Got up this morning so Matt could drive to school (he's getting better), at one point I looked over across a foggy field and saw a large red fox slinking along. It was a beautiful unexpected moment.

Nice. I seen a few red foxes around as I delivered. Unfortunately now I'm just moving boxes and don't see a thing except a storage unit.

What percentage did they predict for your area? For ours they said 70%. Elaine is at our apartment in Florida, and there they're saying 80%....

Google says 75%

Like I said, with clear sky and full sun it just looks like an overcast day as far as brightness.

Same here. Just looks like my eyes haven't adjusted from walking out of a dark room.

A bunch of kids have the glasses and let me borrow them. Pretty cool. I wish I could see a total eclipse some day.

watching the shadows just isn't as exciting

Got up at 5:00am to make the trek over the Ko'olau mountains to see a sunrise with an already eclpised sun. Saw stars above and Venus so bright but a heavy band of clouds to the East. Went back to bed. It was only going to be 25% here anyway.
The last partial we had here a couple of years ago I saw nothing, it was too cloudy.

Well, that was anticlimactic. As usual, the actual event failed to live up to the media hype that preceded it. You'd think I would have learned by now....

Well, that was anticlimactic. As usual, the actual event failed to live up to the media hype that preceded it. You'd think I would have learned by now....

Even a 70% partial eclipse is pretty mild. Here, even though the sky was obscured, the darkness was strangely affecting. I felt a tightness in my chest. I could see under the cloud deck into the distance where the totality hadn't reached and it looked like dusk. Then it went dark and we started to lighten up.

One of our new teachers died on Friday. We found out today. We had just met him on Thursday. They had grief counselors at school for us.

I didn't get to know him, but it was still an emotional thing. So sad.

Even a 70% partial eclipse is pretty mild. Here, even though the sky was obscured, the darkness was strangely affecting. I felt a tightness in my chest. I could see under the cloud deck into the distance where the totality hadn't reached and it looked like dusk. Then it went dark and we started to lighten up.

We had nothing that anyone would refer to as darkness. I'm convinced that, had there been no prior announcement of the event, no one here would have noticed. It looked as it often does when rain clouds pass overhead....

One of our new teachers died on Friday. We found out today. We had just met him on Thursday. They had grief counselors at school for us.

I didn't get to know him, but it was still an emotional thing. So sad.

(((Jan))) That's never an easy thing. Was he a young guy? Older guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom