::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Retiring to Hawaii would never ever have crossed my mind if it wasn't for following Damon's journey to get there and make it happen.

And Mika.

It was her idea but following Damon's journey planted the seed that it is possible. Otherwise I would have been against it and scared to take that chance. But if we can purchase and pay off a place before we retire, it looks very possible.

I'm already stashing away change to save up for wood working tools for when we move there so I can build some ukes to keep me occupied. Might just fish though.

Mike sounds like Paul. Mike wants what will make you happy.
I try to let Paul pick things, but he always (well, almost always) defers to my choices. I think he is happiest that way.

I try to explain this to Nanilei but I am not always successful. I tell her that if I really care or have an opinion she will definitely know.

I try to explain this to Nanilei but I am not always successful. I tell her that if I really care or have an opinion she will definitely know.

"What do you want for dinner?"

Some of our biggest battles have started from that little innocuous question.

Sally, this morning I could smell the smoke from the all the fires in CA.

Southern wind this morning. Usually this time of year it brings the smell of garlic from Gilroy . . . today was just smoke.

Our ukulele shipment was delayed in CA for a couple of days, they closed rail traffic because of the fires.

Mike sounds like Paul. Mike wants what will make you happy.
I try to let Paul pick things, but he always (well, almost always) defers to my choices. I think he is happiest that way.

Yeah, I'm starting to get that feeling too. Sure makes life easy.

"What do you want for dinner?"

Some of our biggest battles have started from that little innocuous question.

No kidding! It happens with us too.
We have two solutions for that which (so far) have worked really well.
The first is that we have a small dry erase board on the fridge. We write the week's menu on it. We figure out next week's menu on the weekend after breakfast, when there is no pressure to decide RIGHT NOW. Then we also make our shopping list.

If no one feels like cooking some night, we have a system - we compete, and the LOSER has to decide what we are eating. The competition can be anything - Yahtzee, a video game, cards, backgammon - whatever. It keeps it light and sometimes the battles are epic, as we raise the stakes. We have even gone to Dave & Buster's and we pick 5 games - best of 5, winner picks next game. The stakes? Loser must decide Breakfast, Lunch and dinner for the ENTIRE WEEKEND! Hahahhaha. We are easily amused.

It's about variety. He needs to be in driving distance of many.

Ah yes, I get that. So far for us, the biggest thing we did not count on was not being able to jump in the car and visit family. That still gets tough from time to time. Same (but to a much lesser extent) with Las Vegas. $1000 just to get there now, when it used to just cost a tank of fuel.

We could network and island hop :)

I have a friend that is buying in Poipu.

My uncle has been trying to sell his place in Poipu forever. 1 Br at Kiahuna Plantation, steps to beach, $100K. We would buy it if we could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom