::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just appalled at how much a college education costs these days. Back then you paid tuition and then books. Now they charge per unit in addition to the tuition.

San Jose State costs $7, 418.00/semester this year for tuition and $396.00 PER unit. If I had to pay for college today I would most likely be a truck driver or a janitor somewhere.

My favorites are

enrollment fee
technology fee
graduation audit fee

Yes, even going to a "cheap" college (cheaper than my local university), it's a little over a grand a month. And I have about 16 months til graduation, plus books.

Six years, minimum, to finish the program I'm in. I'm in year 4. I try not to think about the bill when I'm done.

Six years, minimum, to finish the program I'm in. I'm in year 4. I try not to think about the bill when I'm done.

And, because graduate programs are considered full time starting at 8 credits per term, I pay full time tuition even though I can only take 2 classes per term.

My favorites are

enrollment fee
technology fee
graduation audit fee

We had a "sports complex fee"

Yup, had to pay for construction of the new basketball complex so SJSU could compete in D1 for basketball and volleyball.

I'm taking 2 classes at a time, 8 weeks apiece. So right now I'm reading two syllabi and making a master assignment list as a schedule. My eyes, they be crossing.

I'm fairly close to a PhD but I can neither afford it nor will it do anything to improve my earnings.

"I have Dr. Yoshida for cooking." would crack me up though.

Probably also because I'd have to stop saying things like piss poor.

Hasn't stopped me. One of our pastors on Sunday said "Craphole" during a prayer. He shied away from "Shithole" which kind of surprises me - Andy can let some real zingers go from the pulpit. I love him.

I'm fairly close to a PhD but I can neither afford it nor will it do anything to improve my earnings.

"I have Dr. Yoshida for cooking." would crack me up though.

"I have Dr. Yoshida for English. His grammar is atrocious!"

Week 1 is onramp, looks pretty easy.

Roughly 8 chapters to read, 2 quizzes to take, and 2700 words to write.

I'd be surprised if it stayed at this level. For my last degree I was writing 2-3 times that every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom