Page 5839 of 5885 FirstFirst ... 48395339573957895829583758385839584058415849 ... LastLast
Results 58,381 to 58,390 of 58847

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    When my dad died years ago, I described it as having my mooring lines cut. I felt like I was suddenly adrift at sea.
    That's what I felt like when my dad died (24 years now). I still think of him every day - good stuff, happy thoughts. He was a great man.

My mom is drifting away little by little as dementia takes her away. She is not going peacefully - she is confused, scared, angry, desperate. We're doing all we can to give her peace, but it isn't helping much. Dementia sucks.
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Quote Originally Posted by Pueo View Post
    I was not aware they existed, but totally makes sense.
    I wonder if you might have better luck on Molokai?
    My avatar is the road sign I see on Bog Island.
    Dig Infinity!

Moms been gone 16 years, Dad 5. It still hurts bad. My eyes leak even just typing that. I’m not sure if it will ever get easier, it doesn’t feel like it. I’ve started to resent living in the town they raised us in. There is nothing holding me here anymore, why am I still here?
    My siblings and I have become so much closer since losing both of them, that’s the only good thing. But we all hate being orphans.
    Last edited by salukulady; 04-16-2018 at 08:20 AM.
    UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

Story is that the donkeys were used by the coffee plantations, then turned loose. They became a nuisance species. For the last several years the authorities been herding and gelding and adopting them out.

Goats and cats are similar problems on Bog Island.
    Dig Infinity!

Quote Originally Posted by salukulady View Post
    Moms been gone 16 years, Dad 5. It still hurts bad. My eye leak even just typing that. I’m not sure if it will ever get easier, it doesn’t feel like it. I’ve started to resent living in the town they raised us in. There is nothing holding me here anymore, why am I still here?
    My siblings and I have become so much closer since losing both of them, that’s the only good thing. But we all hate being orphans.
    My dad's been gone for 45 years, and although it's sad to say, I don't miss him. Long story.

My mom's been gone 17 years, and I still miss the woman she was, originally. I do not miss the alcohol-addled, dementia victim she ultimately became, but I sure miss the mother she once was....
    Things get better with age. I'm approaching magnificent....

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele :: Mainland gloss mahogany concert

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

"Just a few ukulele hooligans getting wild and strummy...." - chindog

5:2576

Quote Originally Posted by PereBourik View Post
    Story is that the donkeys were used by the coffee plantations, then turned loose. They became a nuisance species. For the last several years the authorities been herding and gelding and adopting them out.

I have long been a fan of donkeys. I have no idea why, but they just appeal to me. I've often thought that if I had the right property, I would want one as a pet. That will never happen now, but it would have been cool....

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele :: Mainland gloss mahogany concert

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    I have long been a fan of donkeys. I have no idea why, but they just appeal to me. I've often thought that if I had the right property, I would want one as a pet. That will never happen now, but it would have been cool....
    That made me think of a question. I've never had to care for a donkey, and wonder if they are typically shod, like a horse?

The roof of the NAPA store leaks pretty badly. The owner knows about it, and has done nothing to remedy the problem.

We are trying to catch the incoming rainwater in 5 gallon buckets, and emptying them as needed. But, if the rain keeps up like it is now, the buckets will fill up and over-flow overnight.

Maybe the owner will come over in the morning to mop up the mess?

And, one more for my first post-Florida mini....

Quote Originally Posted by PereBourik View Post

Amazing how cavalier the haoles were with such a fragile isolated ecosystem.
    Like the rats coming in on cargo ships, started eating sugar cane, so they introduce Mongoose to eat the rats, the Mongoose could care less about the rats and ate all the bird eggs, since many species of native birds nested on the ground, because they had no predators.
    Mongoose and rats both still here, but many of those beautiful little birds are gone.
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

Thread Information