::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning! Finishing my coffee and getting ready to practice my Spanish.

I like to stay busy all day. I'm making the most of my time while I am not working. I know once I get a job I lose motivation to study and workout for a few weeks.

Window.jpg
Window view.jpg
The view from our apartment. It is finally warm again but it is suppose to rain all week.

So I've been getting solicitations from ukulele players about once a week to perform at BCUF, which is fine. Today I read one and the guy says he performs in a 3 piece ukulele based band, has played festivals, has videos on Youtube, etc, and neglects to add any sort of link or even mention the name of the band.

Today I got an email from a rapper, not a ukulele rapper, just a rapper, seriously?

latest-birthday-cake-pic-with-name-mamta-birthday-cake-for-mam-gallery-birthday-cake-decoration.jpg

It is 21, right?

One time in high school I was so stoned I ate a Gaines burger on a dare. Those things swell up when they hit water. Wow, was I bloated.

Oh my gawd “dare” autocorrected to “date”. I laughed so hard)

I had a friend open a pack of jerky treats that were on our counter. He was enjoying them so much I didn't have the heart to tell them they were dog treats.

Today I went to have my eyes checked at IU school of optometry. It's very affordable and they do every test known to man on your eyes. A student, checks your eyes and then an optometrist comes in at the end and checks the students work. Took about an hour and a half.
So I'm waiting and my optometry student comes out and quickly introduces herself and says "follow me, please". I thought I saw..nevermind...we go into the room and she's arranging the equipment as I'm sitting in the chair. She turns and...... I thought of Marty Feldman...one eye was keeping a tract of New England and the other was gazing at Texas. I was trying very hard not to look and she seemed to always have her face turned a little (maybe she learned to do that?), but it was an eye exam so at some point we pretty much had to look face to face, yet I tried so hard not to look, but had that intrinsic need to see what the hell was going on and I know she's literally staring at my eyes so she can tell what I'm looking at. I thought one of them was glass for while, then ruled that out. It all went fine, but I almost thought I was in a Monty Python skit for a minute. At the end, I expected the doctor to be blind.

My optometrist is an old friend of a friend. My first time there, just before he put that machine with all the lenses in front of me he said "wait, I need my glasses", he put on these glasses that must have two inches thick. His eyes were magnified and looked like saucers and after the initial half-second of panic, I burst into laughter.

I think I would have been terrified if I had your girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom