::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes and most of his family only speaks Spanish. Carlos is my inspiration to learn a new language. He did not seriously study English until he was 26. He was fluent enough to start working in the US when he was 29.

That’s amazingly fast.

Katie has been with Luis for 5 years, she should be fluent! I’m going to make sure my grandchildren are.

I was kind of thinking that if I have met Mandi, and I have met Lynn, then surely they must have already met as well?

They probably do. Sorting out who’s who from the field and on here can take a while though.

Mandi, Lynn.
61054345-0F81-4D82-8F7F-67A3C2EE7AFB.jpg

Lynn, Mandi.
FAB02DC8-C4B5-4E98-BDC2-978E99B74F2D.jpg

I knew Mike S., who in my head is still kungfu grip Mike, for a year before I realized he was screamingontheinside Mike.

Medical Rafe Report:

Today: Sleep clinic appointment to hear results of test.
Weds: 7:45am appointment with heart doc for ultra sound and EKG.
Thrus: 10:00am appointment with heart doc for possible stress test depending on results from Weds.

Some of my stomach bloat has gone away but not completely. My breathing is much better but still not perfect. I'm getting much better sleep but even that could improve. I feel what I perceive as "hungry" all the time but it's more of bloat left in my tummy, basically something I notice in my stomach so my solution is to eat. (But I don't think it's hunger)

But overall I'm feeling a billion times better than I felt a week ago.

My rating for sleep apnea (I forgot the name already) is 48.5% and my oxygen was 74%

Severe sleep apnea.

I have to wait to hear back from insurance before I get fit for a machine.

They sent the kids home early, because it was snowing. Nothing is sticking here so far. Heard it’s a different story north of us. I think the schools are paranoid after what happened last year.

My rating for sleep apnea (I forgot the name already) is 48.5% and my oxygen was 74%

Severe sleep apnea.

Glad that’s being sorted out. Secondary complications from sleep apnea is no joke.

That’s amazingly fast.

Katie has been with Luis for 5 years, she should be fluent! I’m going to make sure my grandchildren are.
I know it was very tough his first year here. He still studies and works on his accent. I want to be able to talk to his mother and siblings.

I'm sure Lynn and Mandi have met. Lynn and I have met, but I bet she doesn't realize it... Putting names to faces and all that...

Am getting better with names but still a work in progress. Maybe next UWC I'll wear a nametag and then folks will introduce themselves and I will learn names even better...I hope!

Severe sleep apnea.

My gf just started on a CPAP machine. She's having trouble adjusting to wearing the mask, but I think she'll get used to it. I didn't realize they did diagnostics-- she has an app on her phone that gives her all these stats on how she's sleeping. Pretty cool and also a little creepy!

They sent the kids home early, because it was snowing. Nothing is sticking here so far. Heard it’s a different story north of us. I think the schools are paranoid after what happened last year.

Can't blame them, though I've been watching things melt all day. I'm starting to see snow flakes mixing in with the falling goop again - maybe we really will get something.

My gf just started on a CPAP machine. She's having trouble adjusting to wearing the mask, but I think she'll get used to it. I didn't realize they did diagnostics-- she has an app on her phone that gives her all these stats on how she's sleeping. Pretty cool and also a little creepy!

Oh man I hope I never need one. I’m a stomach sleeper. And I’m an insomniac. I’d never be able to deal with a mask.

I wonder if the kids staging a walk out will gain any traction?

I was telling them on Thursday that they were the ones that were going to have to cause change because my generation and the one before it is what is screwing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom