::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a weird weekend. I have had fun with my daughter. My boyfriend's mom got weird on me yesterday. It was upsetting. Then today his exgirlfriend tried sending me a friend request. I don't get it. I asked her why and she blocked me. I'm assuming the request was accidental and she was just stalking my page. You would think after a year and a half, she would move on.

Went to the MIL’s today. Gave her a massage. Hung out and talked. Went to lunch.

Six hours of listening to her talk about her cancer. I’m exhausted. It really drained me. I stayed pleasant, let her vent, she needs to. Mike futzed about her house fixing this and that while she and I talked. Even during the entire massage she talked. I always finish my massages with the client face up and me at their head. I took her head in my hands cradled it and said, “now we need to be completely quiet for the last 10 minutes of your massage. Just breath deep slowly and close your eyes”. She actually did.

I was a VERY good DIL today.

Went to the MIL’s today. Gave her a massage. Hung out and talked. Went to lunch.

Six hours of listening to her talk about her cancer. I’m exhausted. It really drained me. I stayed pleasant, let her vent, she needs to. Mike futzed about her house fixing this and that while she and I talked. Even during the entire massage she talked. I always finish my massages with the client face up and me at their head. I took her head in my hands cradled it and said, “now we need to be completely quiet for the last 10 minutes of your massage. Just breath deep slowly and close your eyes”. She actually did.

I was a VERY good DIL today.

Now THAT is compassion.

Oh wow!!! I had no idea. But it has helped. Yesterday k was trying to smell perfumes at the mall and couldn't. I'm now hoping it's just the congestion. I could smell food.

Yeah - I was in the middle of a miserable cold a few years ago and was going to get zinc spray - but I researched it first and there were a number of reputable (peer reviewed, published in well-known journals) that were enough to make me be happy to suffer.

She actually likes how small the 5s is, and I was going to get her the iPhone SE, which is the guts of the 6s in the case of the 5s, but I said let's go to the Verizon store so you can hold them both in your hand.
She said she is ok with the size of the 6s, so there you go.
She won't use all the bells and whistles of the 7 or the 8 so she just got the 6s. Works for me!

I didn't realize the 6s was still available for sale. I figured when the 8 and X came out the 7 would become the budget leader. I just got a 7 for work (replacing a 6) - a 6s wasn't a choice available to me (Verizon - but a very limited corporate-selected choice).

We had a dusting of snow yesterday afternoon into evening. < 1". The sun is shining this morning and it's going to warm up a bit. It probably isn't worth messing with. But, it's good exercise being out and moving around. We'll see.

Kodi had his first taste of snow this morning. It is the weather of his people. I was still in bed, but Sheryl and Annie said he was hilarious roaring around on the deck in the slushy snow.

Tomorrow’s high 59, low 47. That’s crazy cold for here.

It's supposed to get down to 25 here tonight. 21 tomorrow night. Lows in the 20s all week with only one high predicted to make it as high as 40. That's pretty weird here, too.

Tomorrow’s high 59, low 47. That’s crazy cold for here.

Tomorrow’s high 59, low 47. That’s crazy warm for here. Average high temp is in the thirties. It's supposed to rain off and on for the next 48 hours though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom