::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ribs.

Smoked for five hours. Pretty darn good when I don't fall asleep. Going to find a good bbq sauce recipe next time too. This time I bought a bottle from a local place. Really good.

Need to hunt down a good source for beef ribs. Most places are pretty sparse on the meat. I might order ribs with the flank still attached.

Ribs.

Smoked for five hours. Pretty darn good when I don't fall asleep. Going to find a good bbq sauce recipe next time too. This time I bought a bottle from a local place. Really good.

A burnt end sandwich sounds pretty good, but way too heavy this afternoon.

I'm also still working off the first load of charcoal I dumped into that thing. I filled it way too high the first time.

I think I'm going to bbq chicken tonight to try to use up that initial charcoal. Yesterday I put a pretty good sized chunk of hickory in there. I bet a good portion of it is still there. Last time it was just charred but still intact.

I'm guessing to relieve sciatic nerve problems.

Sometime Stan will message me at 3:00-4:00am Hawaii time and I'll ask him what he's doing up and he says he either wakes up because of the pain or can't sleep because of the pain.

Hope he gets some relief.

Turns out hemorrhoids, hope it helps.

Peanut butter and jelly. Paul bought some blackberry jelly on Sunday. It was delicious. Oh! And chips. I had chips, too.

You could use this nifty peanut butter hack and your sandwiches will be done by.............. well............uuuuuuhhhh.....................tom orrow's lunch!

So when I smoked the ribs yesterday I had a few potatoes lying around so I threw those on too.

Genius.

It's probably already a thing, but still, genius!

You could use this nifty peanut butter hack and your sandwiches will be done by.............. well............uuuuuuhhhh.....................tom orrow's lunch!

It's not the stupidest thing I've ever seen. But it's close. That is way more work than I want.

Our pork roast is in the oven, and I'm looking forward to it.

Pork roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, a veggie mix, and applesauce. Yum!!

Don't you hate it when you find a favorite grocery item, and then they suddenly discontinue it?

Elaine is really looking forward to a certain frozen vegetable mix we have used for years, now. We don't eat it in the summer, but use it a lot in the colder weather. It's nothing fancy, just petite green beans with petite yellow beans and baby carrots. It's from a major company (Birds Eye), and is one of those that steams in the package while microwaving. We add some butter and craisins to it.

She specifically requested it for dinner tonight. I had no luck finding it at Wegmans; apparently they no longer offer it. Not wanting to disappoint her, I went searching for it elsewhere. I never did find the Birds Eye variety, but, at my fourth supermarket of the afternoon (Wal-Mart), I found an off-brand variety that seems to be the same thing.

Score! I hope she likes it. The search cost me my afternoon nap....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom