::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. It's hard to be an in-law. My family has been pretty reasonable through the 3 recent deaths. (Except my not-quite-stable niece who was mad at me for my "luxury European vacation" walking across Spain.) On Mrs Pere's side I may have opinions, but they are not welcome. In fact, were my opinions to be asked it could be taken as a sign of the apocalypse. Mostly I'm the venting audience for Mrs Pere.
Too much to write. I'm dead meat right now. Holidays plans have been made. I expressed that perhaps it would be nice to be consulted rather than told. Yeah...we aren't speaking. Rough as we're at a hotel. I shoulda kept my mouth shut. And I know this and I spoke anyway. Thanks Obama.

Mrs Pere is even now trying to make travel arrangements to tend her parents in Arizona. I'm more than happy to stay home with RL Kid.

So I made it through my day of beer judging and catering and everything else. I also placed 3rd place in the cider category with a black cherry cider I made. Last year.

If I understand correctly, they jammed things up so the systems were overwhelmed and access to the systems was difficult. No data stolen?

Yep, that's it. It's called a Denial of Service attack. In this case, I believe a Distributed Denial of Service. They basically used a whole bunch of infected surveillance cameras and other things that have a very simple operating system that is very insecure. They programmed those things to suddenly start flooding the target with information until the target is no longer able to handle the flood and basically jams up. Distributed is because the attack is coming from so many coordinated sources from all over the place. The idea is to shut things down and screw over a company, not to steal things from them.

You have my sympathy, Sukie. That crap is never good. Perhaps things will be better in the morning.

Just got out of the Jimmy concert. It was great. The old guys still got it. Sitting in the parking lot. Don't want to start the van just to wait in line. Irvine Meadows has always been a cluster**** to get out of. Went to my very first concert here in '83, Huey Lewis and the News. Jimmys played here for 23 years. It was built in 1980. It's closing at the end of the month to make way for more housing. I'm glad I got to see him here his last time.

From the orchard guy I heard that around the first frost is the best pressed cider.

The cider this year was fricking amazing! We also got 100% more cider from 50% more apples - they were juicy this year!

We blended honey crisps with granny smiths - sweet plus tart. It is fantastic. I have 5 quarts set aside for fermenting for hard cider, the rest went into the freezer (except for 3 quarts we left with my BIL's family and 2 quarts we took to my sister's for dinner and 1 quart I gave to a neighbor).

Seven gallons this year. We only took enough containers for five gallons. Our SIL was pulling out jars from everywhere she could find them to make up the storage space.

Sukie and Jon. My heart is breaking for the both of you. This stuff is the hardest stuff to get through. I'm so sorry. You both know I am thinking about you daily and sending my support as best I can. I love you both.

Thanks, Sally. My sister from Spokane is down here this weekend. She managed to convince my mom (at least for the time being) that I'm NOT her husband, that I have NOT abandoned my family, and that I am NOT running away from her and everybody else.

Of course we'll see what tomorrow brings...

Apparently something has happened, that has never happened in my lifetime.

The Chicago Cubs have won the National League Pennant.

Should I dare, hope for more?

Good morning, one and all! My heart goes out to those of you dealing with the issues that plague aging parents. I dealt with it years ago, and it was among the most difficult things I've had to do. (((Hugs)))

The cider this year was fricking amazing! We also got 100% more cider from 50% more apples - they were juicy this year!

We blended honey crisps with granny smiths - sweet plus tart. It is fantastic. I have 5 quarts set aside for fermenting for hard cider, the rest went into the freezer (except for 3 quarts we left with my BIL's family and 2 quarts we took to my sister's for dinner and 1 quart I gave to a neighbor).

Seven gallons this year. We only took enough containers for five gallons. Our SIL was pulling out jars from everywhere she could find them to make up the storage space.

Nice how many apples total??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom