::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops! Just missed Rafe.

Our weekend was a whirlwind. Diabetic kitty is on the mend and should come home today. Several visits to her. Pipe & drum concert. Church. Bond, Vaga Bond invited his off-again/on-again girlfriend to dinner so we had to stretch 3 lamb chops among 4.

Our fireplace won't draw when the wind's from the north. So when the wind picked up about 0400 we got the bitter smoke of the end of the fire. Here endeth the sleeping.

We saw The Post over the weekend. Entertaining, and politically timely, but lacking the hard-nosed investigative journalism that usually makes movies like this work. A pretty good movie that had the potential to be pretty great.

We have eight cousins. I haven't seen any of them in perhaps, over twenty years?

I have two cousins. Well...three, but one died about 10 years ago or so.

Cousin 1 is the one who died - I saw him two times in my entire life.

Cousin 2 lives in the Bay Area somewhere. I last saw her probably 3 years ago. She's really cool, actually, and I like her a lot. She is very caring - took care of her dad (my uncle) in his last years and she keeps tabs on my mom. I've probably only seen her in person 5 times in my life.

Cousin 3 lives in the Bay Area - used to be Mountain View, but I'm pretty sure she's moved. She lived with us when I was 6 and 7 years old, and I've seen her off and on since then. We keep in touch on Facebook, too. She is a CRAZY animal lover, so I had to stop following her Facebook feed because I had a near constant stream of dog and cat pictures. She works for a vet - perfect job for her. She is usually the first one to "Like" any picture I post of Kodi.

I know there are long neck sopranos but are there concert ukes with a tenor neck?

There have been a few, but usually customs, I think. My kids' music teacher just got a custom short-neck tenor - not sure who the luthier was. Typical kid-level of information about the thing.

I will have to come over sometime so you can show me how to set up my display on this site. Everyone else's looks great while mine looks naked. Have learned quite a bit but still unsure of some aspects.

There's a whole crazy jargon we use in here that has developed over the years...feel free to ask - we'll tell anybody but Jan all the answers.

I know there are long neck sopranos but are there concert ukes with a tenor neck?

Oh shoot, I misread that. YES - look for super concerts. It's not "official" but usually when you see the word "super" appended to the standard uke size it means it has the neck of the next size up. My custom uke is a super soprano (well...it's a small-body soprano with a concert neck that has a tenor's width...but it's easier to call it a super soprano). Sukie's uke is a super concert - a concert body with a tenor neck. They are available commercially.

The cell phone alert was activated in error is what they are saying now. There were no civil defense sirens. The TV crawl was activated shortly afterwards. As I tried to seek confirmation from Pacific command, DoD, and Hawaii news sites, all of which were non-responsive probably because everyone in the state was trying to do the same thing. Because of hurricane and taunami danger I also subscribe to Honolulu Civil Beat,
a non-profit news source that is fair and has no political agenda, and they tweeted that Hawaii Emergency Services said there was no threat.
Not sure what really happened, doubt we we ever really know.
My first thought was hacking, but news seems to lean towards just an error.
The real shame is that a message like this is believable at all.
I told Nanilei at least we would not suffer - we are right at Pearl Harbor. I am sure if an ICBM came this way it would be over swiftly.

My biggest concern is what happens if, God forbid, the need for the alert becomes real and people dismiss it as another screw up.

Who asked you, Paint Boy?

;)

Heard from the beer manager application yet?

So if Ken gets the beer job he becomes Beer Boy - which I think would make him the happiest guy on the planet.

On the other hand, if that's how your nomenclature works, everyone must think I'm a carrot farmer.

We stopped for a picnic over by Chinaman's Hat. This fella hopped up on the picnic table looking for a handout.
3LKqpM5.jpg

Cardinals are so pushy.

Mahalo Sally.
Oddly enough, my biggest concern is that now, even if it is something minor Nanilei will always be nervous that something is about to fail.
Helen has been so reliable it gave her great freedom and peace of mind. So even after the repair it is likely another vehicle will be on the horizon before we know it.

My first two cars were incredibly unreliable. It has made me very gunshy when problems do crop up. My RAV4 has been totally reliable - but it's long, long out of warranty. When/if issues arise I will be ready for a new car.

Didn’t post a Rafe report because my weekend was boring. Had a couple massage clients yesterday. Today’s goals are to go clear out storage and reorganize our Christmas stuff.

I woke up way too early.

We had a very uneventful weekend. Gorgeous weather - it got up to 60 on Saturday afternoon. I took Annie out to ride her bike and we both immediately took off our jackets.

I was at the Nike outlet last night looking for some blacktop basketball shoes for James. He tears through them playing for the school basketball team because they play on the blacktop. Didn’t find any cheap shoes for him but I scored some really nice shoes for $39.00 for myself. I haven’t bought myself new sneakers in about five years.

I just don't find things I like at Nike any more. It's a bummer, because my sister works for Nike, so I have family privileges in the employee store and get the employee discount at any other Nike store as well. It keeps the kids' shoes cheap, but nothing they have really fits me any more. They discontinued all my favorites years ago :(.

The kid wears 8.5 now. I was a size 9 until about my early forties. He’s like a puppy with giant paws.

You were a size 9? And you're what - 6'2"? That's like trying to balance a triangle on its corner!

I’m sitting here in the Honda dealership waiting on an oil change.

An Indian family just sat down next to me. the entire family. Grandparents, the parents and three kids. How many people does it take to get an oil change at a dealership?!

It's a cultural thing. And it's not a bad thing to keep strong family ties, I guess.

Now Journey, Open Arms.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I always sing along with that song - but I always sing "Broken Arms".

I've done it for long enough that one day on our road trip last summer Sheryl sang "Broken Arms" without realizing she did. The rest of us died laughing.

So if Ken gets the beer job he becomes Beer Boy - which I think would make him the happiest guy on the planet.

On the other hand, if that's how your nomenclature works, everyone must think I'm a carrot farmer.

Wait... you're not????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom