::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the most annoying kind of snow. Not enough to keep me from going to work, but enough that I have shovel and the roads are stupid slippery.

I get to stay home today!! YAY!!! Maybe tomorrow, too, if it doesn't warm up!!

Oh, I mean . . . sorry YOU have to go to work!

:D

At Sunday's baptism the Altar Guild put out all the necessary stuff except the water. Reminded me of Myron Cohen' story about the matzoh ball soup customer.

You would have made a great Rabbi. Would you consider joining our team?

Hm . . . well, he IS retiring from his current job. Maybe he could be a Rabbi part time.

Although part time Rabbi doesn't sound right. I figure it's a full time job.

Last edited:
At Sunday's baptism the Altar Guild put out all the necessary stuff except the water. Reminded me of Myron Cohen' story about the matzoh ball soup customer.

During Lent at my old church we had this tradition of putting a new symbol of the season on a table in the sanctuary each week. Some weeks it was a rock, a sheaf of wheat, a cross, etc. One of the items was water. The pastor would fill a glass bowl on the table before the service started.

One year one of the more devout members of the congregation dropped a live goldfish in the bowl when nobody was looking before the service started. It was the LAST thing I would have expected from this guy, but he was incredibly proud of himself (no, not me. It was a prank I could appreciate in theory, but in practice that crossed a line even I wouldn't cross).

The pastor was NOT happy.

Safe travels Père.
Sure wish I could figure out how to join you for the epic 500->UWC crawl.
I am working on the UWC part at least.
I have never been to the 500 despite four trips to IMS.

Off to Phoenix in a couple of hours to house hunt again. (Also known as the Masochism Tango.) Back on Saturday. Leaving 0° for the 70s. That part I don't mind.

We’re venturing to Prescott in late March to look around that area. We’ve never been there before.

I just watched DeG’s 40 minute commute to work on a live feed. Most of Atlanta is closed down due to snow. He only slid around a little bit.

Hmmmmmm.

There's word out that our district might be targeted for one of those ICE raids.

They will not be removing a kid from my room! They'll have to cuff me first.

So today I only have to do a few things I don’t want to do. The rest of the day I get to pack for YOSEMITE! We leave Friday at 4am. I’m so excited!!! My husbands even more excited. He’s been packed since last Friday.

Katie and Luis are going with us. I reserved two rooms months ago. Last night I called to confirm. They offered us a Family Suite. 2 separate bedrooms, living room, dining room, and full kitchen, right on the river. I said YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom