::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs Pere is relentlessly political. She wants to talk about it all the time. She talks to the tv when political news comes on. I "maxed out" on political news early in the election cycle. I cannot pay attention to it. I don't want to talk about it. I cannot become any angrier, more despairing. Talking about it will not change that. Instead it just corrodes me from the inside. So I have boundaries now. I don't stay in the room when she watches Rachel. I don't mirror in her outrage. I'm already at max-dudgeon.

I protested back in the '60s, both the war & for equal rights. I've been attentive and vocal ever since. But we are in the midst of something new and terrifying. If I use up all my energy now I will be disabled when the inevitable crisis comes.

Oh, the dog thing?

The wheels are in motion. We have been in contact with a breeder - working on getting a deposit in for a litter that will become available around the first week in October.

We will be getting one of these:

Samoyed_SERP.jpg
Sammys are the best. Floof!

Mrs Pere is relentlessly political. She wants to talk about it all the time. She talks to the tv when political news comes on. I "maxed out" on political news early in the election cycle. I cannot pay attention to it. I don't want to talk about it. I cannot become any angrier, more despairing. Talking about it will not change that. Instead it just corrodes me from the inside. So I have boundaries now. I don't stay in the room when she watches Rachel. I don't mirror in her outrage. I'm already at max-dudgeon.

I protested back in the '60s, both the war & for equal rights. I've been attentive and vocal ever since. But we are in the midst of something new and terrifying. If I use up all my energy now I will be disabled when the inevitable crisis comes.

My nihilism grows by the week. Or, by the press conference.

My nihilism grows by the week. Or, by the press conference.

I ran into my great-uncle's friend, who also served in the 442nd. He was reading the paper at a coffee shop and had tears in his eyes.

"I lost so many friends and family in a war against them already."

I think my uncle's are lucky they passed already. The events this past weekend would have torn them up.

Yee-hah!New dog! Awesome!

Oh, the dog thing?

The wheels are in motion. We have been in contact with a breeder - working on getting a deposit in for a litter that will become available around the first week in October.

We will be getting one of these:

Samoyed_SERP.jpg

Hey Rich, good to see you here posting. How've you been?

Is Hofner the "McCartney" bass?

Yep, my only issue with getting it. I like McCartney, but I don't want to be identified with him. I bought it because my Fender Jazz Bass was really starting to wear on my shoulder during long sessions. Hofners are very lightweight. We played for three hours last night and I was fine-- no shoulder pain, and the short scale and flatwounds are easier on my fingers. Usually my fingers ache after a long session.

No Damon, you can't bury your head in the sand. You have to stand up to hate or it wins.Do stuff in the positive peaceful way. Spread love and tolerance. Don't hide.

Sally is absolutely right on this, unfortunately. Unfortunately, because I want desperately to hide and pretend this country isn't being led by a horrible human being who appeals to the worst in his supporters, but silence in his and his supporters minds is approval or at minimum indifference.

I can't read it all - it would be too horrifying and depressing. I choose the sources I find to be as balanced as possible - often the BBC. I don't read Occupy Democrats and other heavy resistance organizations because I know their information, which I largely agree with, is also tainted by their bias, and I want the stuff I share to be as empty of bias as possible. I don't succeed at that all the time, of course - sometimes there's a juicy morsel that's just too good to pass up. But I try.

AUGH!! MY EYES!! The cuteness is overwhelming!!!!!!!

Man, that is the kind of dog to have - big and fluffy. Seems like all that white fluff might be hard to keep clean, though.

Congrats!

They actually don't really get too dirty. Much like our Siberian husky, the Samoyed's coat doesn't stay dirty. Needs regular combing, of course, but I'm an ace double-coat dog comber. It's therapeutic. Samoyeds are much rarer than Siberians, we are finding out, but everything we read tells us that Hudson's personality was way more like a Samoyed than it was a Siberian - even our vet said, "When you're ready to get another dog, if you want a personality like Hudson's, get a Samoyed."

Yep, my only issue with getting it. I like McCartney, but I don't want to be identified with him. I bought it because my Fender Jazz Bass was really starting to wear on my shoulder during long sessions. Hofners are very lightweight. We played for three hours last night and I was fine-- no shoulder pain, and the short scale and flatwounds are easier on my fingers. Usually my fingers ache after a long session.

Sorry . . . I guess I could have said "the violin looking bass". I have friends that say the same thing about the bass. They love the tone, the playability but not the association that they're trying to be McCartney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom