::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today was not a good day. In fact, it was a bad day.

The morning meeting was fine. We had a great speaker (he was on Ellen with his class). Very motivational. So far so good. But then . . .

We all got on buses to tour the places where our kids live. Great idea . . .

EXCEPT we were riding on the bus for over an hour and I have bad motion sickness. So, by the time we were back at the meeting place, I was on the verge of barfing. It was lunch time. I was smelling all of that food and feeling worse. Couldn't even eat. Spent most of the afternoon feeling barfy. Couldn't leave until 4.

I am finally home. Feeling a little better but still sick and headachy. I am going to try to eat some rice or crackers . . . It will take me a couple of days to feel well again.

Not fun at all. :(

Oof! Not fun at all. Can't you get a note from your doc?

I'm debating zipping down to totality for the eclipse. It's about 7 hours each way. For a 2 minute totality. For which I would be skipping a staff meeting.

Hmm.

We live in the totality. But I'm thinking of driving about 30 miles north to get in the middle of it. Clouds are in the forecast so I may have to drive farther to get a clear view. There are several events in the area. Also got my eclipse glasses a couple of weeks ago. They're the ISO certified ones. Pissed off Mrs Pere because she had ordered some to surprise me. Mine came a week before hers (which were tossed in with a 40# bag of cat litter).

We live in the totality. But I'm thinking of driving about 30 miles north to get in the middle of it. Clouds are in the forecast so I may have to drive farther to get a clear view. There are several events in the area. Also got my eclipse glasses a couple of weeks ago. They're the ISO certified ones. Pissed off Mrs Pere because she had ordered some to surprise me. Mine came a week before hers (which were tossed in with a 40# bag of cat litter).

Those are getting harder to find. Someone's got a pair of eclipse glasses listed on eBay for $999.95, according to tonight's news....

I remember watching an eclipse in third grade - 1975 or 1976? Don't remember if it was total or not, but I made a cardboard projector box viewer at school and that was loads of fun.

I remember several partial eclipses - then in either the late 80's or early 90's there was an annular eclipse visible in Southern California. My friend's nerd dad (SERIOUS nerd - triple PhD, EE and Physics and something else, he was Vice President of Hughes Aircraft) had us (my friend and I) drive his telescope up to a park in Yorba Linda. He flew in on a helicopter from a meeting in LA to an airfield nearby where my buddy collected him while I watched the gear, we all watched the eclipse, then packed up and took him back to the airfield where he helicoptered back to his meeting.

I remember we all commented on how cool (temperature) it got during the max period - and viewing it with his Celestron with the sun filter was super cool.
We had that partial eclipse a couple of years ago visible here - it got super cloudy that day so it was a drag.

I will need to go to the other side of the island to see this eclipse - it will already be happening when the sun rises, and over before the sun is high enough for me to see it over the mountains to the East of where I live. So I think I will probably miss it.

I'm debating zipping down to totality for the eclipse. It's about 7 hours each way. For a 2 minute totality. For which I would be skipping a staff meeting.

Hmm.
We are going. I have no clue where. But it'll be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom