::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kids and I made a batch of rice crispy treats with mini MMs after we got back from the art museum. So good! It's been years since we made rice crispy treats. I totally forgot how addictive they are.

He's even happier now that he found out his manager is known to offer contract workers a permanant position at the six month mark.

Business has been slow going for me, both at my private practice and at the clinic. It's been nice to be able to spend more time with the kids and dogs. However, I miss working.

I'm using some of my unexpected free time to study about pain science. So much of it contridicts what I learned in school about the how and why manual therapy works. What I learned is a decade or two behind where the research is now. I'm having to learn to rephrase what i say to clients.

I have Aiden duty today. I have to unexpectedly work too. This should be an interesting couple of hours. But I bought a couple new toys. That'll buy me some uninterrupted work time. Plus I get to show him off.

I think I'm done with fb today.

I've been arguing with stupid. I know better.

I shared Arnold's video because I liked what he had to say. A friend of mine from high school posted in response a zillion snippets of 45 stating he does not seek support from David Duke, KKK, etc.
Sigh.
The whole reason I shared that video is that it is not an attack or an accusation, it just says "Hey wake up and start standing for something."
This comment was posted by the same friend who used to live on Oahu. We were having dinner at his home,
we were staying there while attending the Formula One race in Indianapolis, and we asked why they moved away.
His reply was, cost of living, bad schools for his kids, can't afford private school, and besides, "those Hawaiians are second-class citizens."
Yup.
Direct quote.
Said with his wife and children at the table.
Not to mention my wife, who is Hawaiian.

We called a hotel, booked a room, and left that night.

I have Aiden duty today. I have to unexpectedly work too. This should be an interesting couple of hours. But I bought a couple new toys. That'll buy me some uninterrupted work time. Plus I get to show him off.

Ben used to come to work with me during the Summer - sometimes for a whole week at a time. People still occasionally ask me about him and talk about when he was my helper. I never took him into patient care areas, but admin offices and public areas - no problem. There wasn't much time that he had to sit in my office because I was in a sensitive area. Anyway - it was always a highlight of my summer.

I will be at work Monday during the eclipse. I'm sure we will be able to see it from the store, and I'll be interested to see how dark it gets, here. We're quite a ways north of the zone of totality....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom