::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Valentine's Day. . .
The Glory of Love
Billy Hill

You’ve got to [C] give a little, [G7] take a little,
[C] And let your [C7] poor heart [F] break a [Fm] little.
[C] That’s the story of, [G] that’s the glory of [C] love [G7]

You’ve got to [C] laugh a little, [G7] cry a little,
[C] Until the [C7] clouds roll [F] by a [Fm] little.
[C] That’s the story of, [G] that’s the glory of [C] love [C7]

As [F] long as there’s the two of us,
We’ve got the [C] world and all of it’s charms.
And [Fm] when the world is through with us,
[D7] We’ve got each other’s [G7] arms

You’ve got to [C] win a little, [G7] lose a little,
[C] And always [C7] have the [F] blues a [Fm] little.
[C] That’s the story of, [G] that’s the glory of [C] love [C7]

As [F] long as there’s the two of us,
We’ve got the [C] world and all of it’s charms.
And [Fm] when the world is through with us,
[D7] We’ve got each other’s [G7] arms

You’ve got to [C] win a little, [G7] lose a little,
[C] And always [C7] have the [F] blues a [Fm] little.
[C] That’s the story of, [G] that’s the glory of [C] love [A7]
[D7] That’s the story of, [G7] that’s the glory of [C] love [F] [C]

Have always loved this song. I particularly liked it when Bette Midler sang it on the movie "Beaches". Makes me cry every time.

Psych class questions for this week:

What is your earliest memory?

What is your earliest memory of a moral conflict?

(Write a 150 word entry of your own, and respond substantively - minimum of 50 words - to the entries of two other students.)

Everyone has cutesy stories about stealing matchbox cars. I'm going in hard with molestation. I'm interested to see how people respond in such a "nod, smile, pat on the back" classroom environment.

Psych class questions for this week:

What is your earliest memory?

What is your earliest memory of a moral conflict?

(Write a 150 word entry of your own, and respond substantively - minimum of 50 words - to the entries of two other students.)

Everyone has cutesy stories about stealing matchbox cars. I'm going in hard with molestation. I'm interested to see how people respond in such a "nod, smile, pat on the back" classroom environment.

Is the class mostly young kids?

I found that it was funny to rock the boat with life experience sometimes.

attachment.php

Remember, Brent Black is your friend....

Brent Black's prices are not my friend. He is an Oregon boy, though. Woo.

Is the class mostly young kids?

I found that it was funny to rock the boat with life experience sometimes.

It's online, so mostly returning adults. But I think I'm on the old side. The prof said that the average age is 36, maybe?

Yay, questions and responses done for the day. Break time! This evening I need to write a first draft and get that turned in with my research plan, for peer review.

I'm really not sure when I'm going to have time to write my psych paper this week. I work 2 jobs tomorrow and fly out on Friday.

So yesterday in a 45 minute conversation with my new endocrinologist I unlearned 8 years of what I thought I knew.

So yesterday in a 45 minute conversation with my new endocrinologist I unlearned 8 years of what I thought I knew.

I don't know if that's good news or bad news, but I am glad you are dealing with a sound medical diagnosis, and not stuff you found on the internet.

He cut two of my diabetes meds in half and got rid of a third and told me what to eat for dinner, or more so, how many calories to stay within and guaranteed that my waking blood sugar would still be under 100 (what I shoot for every day).

He also hinted that my meds are what caused me to get CHF. Sucks. But it is what it is. My fault for not seeing an Endo on my own I guess.

He also freaked out that I had pancreatitis twice. "Didn't they figure it out after the first time?!"

Anyhow, he made control sound much simpler than what I have been making it. I concentrated on carbs and he told me to concentrate on calories first and just keep carbs in mind when making decisions. And the way he explained everything to me made sense. Especially when we started talking about my usual food choices. I tend to go low carbs but high in calories. My dinner last night was a bit of pasta with Salmon. Higher in carbs than I usually go but only about 500 calories total. Even with cutting my meds my waking blood sugar was 78. A bit on the low side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom