::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed a dean and they sent a call slip for her so it wasn't awkward for me.

I don't buy into that "it distracts the boys" reasoning, a slight breeze can do that, it's just inappropriate for a classroom. I can't speak for other teachers, but if a boy had a dress shirt unbuttoned all the way I'd tell him to button it up. And I always tell kids to pull up their pants!

Good for you, I might have chosen the public shaming approach, but that's probably not PC.

I didn't use to agree, but with today's fashions and warm weather coming our way to make it worse.

Burkas for everyone!

I am of the vintage where girls had to wear dresses or skirts to school. Pants could be worn underneath on cold days, but only until you got to school. It changed when I was in 9th grade. I remember the first time I got to wear pants to school. (I can even remember the pair I wore). Anyway...we would all leave for school looking presentable but between home and school the skirts would get rolled up. Skirts were way more popular for that reason.
I read a paper once on uniforms and decided that maybe it made sense. Especially for districts with different income-level students. And it saves arguments about what to wear.

I'm generally against silly rules. But lately I'm thinking that if Bond, Vaga Bond had a bunch of arbitrary rules to fight against outside the home he might have spent less time fighting the rules we tried to have.

I am of the vintage where girls had to wear dresses or skirts to school. Pants could be worn underneath on cold days, but only until you got to school. It changed when I was in 9th grade. I remember the first time I got to wear pants to school. (I can even remember the pair I wore). Anyway...we would all leave for school looking presentable but between home and school the skirts would get rolled up. Skirts were way more popular for that reason.
I read a paper once on uniforms and decided that maybe it made sense. Especially for districts with different income-level students. And it saves arguments about what to wear.

We need to apply a dress code for some of the teachers around here too. Not overly revealing but total slobs.

Good for you, I might have chosen the public shaming approach, but that's probably not PC.

Honestly, even with kids that give me the most trouble, I try to build them up.

They have the rest of the world trying to knock them down all their lives.

Been doing that for years. Our financial planner specializes is special needs families. Great resource.

Oh good to hear. I figured you were prepared.

So many families don't plan ahead or even think about what will happen to their special needs kids after they're gone. And then those individuals become dependent on their siblings or become a ward of the state.

When I was pg'ed with Michael one of my blood tests came back wonky. There was a chance of him being born special needs. I had months to mull over what decision I would make before they were able to do an amino. I was determined to have the baby no matter what. A dear friend sat me down and had a long chat with me. She was in her 60's and had finish raising her brother Bob after her folks passed. She told me all about her brother. He was DS. She explained many things to me about DS kids and what I might expect. She just wanted me to be aware of what I may be facing.
My amino came out normal. Penny tested the same way and was fine also, so there's just something wonky with my blood tests but I'll never forget that chat Elsa had with me. She really opened my eyes regarding DS kids and their possible limitations.

I think I am pro-uniform. Levels the playing field and puts clothes on 'em. Clothes are good.

Love uniforms. Many of the public schools in so cal in lower income areas have uniforms. It makes it so much easier on the kids.

Before we had more kids I could afford to send Wendy to private school. I loved the uniforms she wore. Everyday she had a choice of 4 different colors. It was perfect.

With our hypersensitive society it also means the male teacher is LOOKING. No matter the reason (to discipline or to leer), he is LOOKING.

I'll never forget the day in 7th grade when Laura Link took off her uniform skirt because she thought she had shorts underneath(must have been for gym class or something). She was pretty embarrassed.

And I think if I ever see one of them as anything other than a child . . . I'll probably turn in my chalk.

As adult as they like to think they are, they're really just children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom