::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out for an easy stroll at a local park with the dog. I can walk a mile if I take it slow, and take short breaks.
image.jpg

Happy Birthday tooooo Soo!

34751515.jpg

Well, hello there!

***Whew, anybody else feel like it's getting warmer in here?***

Thank, Mim!

Yeah, my dear friend who is also my pastor (I am the associate) suggested that. I declined but the heat starting getting to me. We drove over to Wally World where he had seen one on sale. I bought it and he loaded it in my car and said he'd come put it in. Well, he has a family and it is a 40 minute drive for him so I said I would try to do it myself. I was raised not to ask for help and not to bother people.

That darn thing is heavy and my replacement windows are such that the AC needed to be raised. Anyway, too much for me. That was yesterday.

Today he asked how it was doing and I told him the situation. He said he was coming to fix it. I hated for him to come so far to do that, but he came and fixed it and I am sitting in my bedroom with the ac cooling the room nicely.

He's such a good man and I am so thankful that he came to fix it.

Accepting help from someone who truly wants to give it can be difficult - but it is also a kindness and a blessing to them. You may have been raised not to accept help, but others were raised to give it. Learning to accept grace from another is as important as learning to extend grace to others.

I'm trying to do some catchup - I have today off as my last day of vacation (well...until my next vacation in just over a month, that is).

The family reunion at the beach was mostly fun, with some really weird exceptions.

My oldest brother's new wife had issues with the accommodations, took it as a personal slight, and they stormed out after just one night. They never showed up again - at the beach or back in Portland. We learned that they changed their tickets and even went home two days early (to central Illinois).

To me (and most of the rest of us) it was a real head scratcher. Just weird. I understand some of her beef - the rest of the family shares my sense of humor, so when we're together the sarcasm is very thick. However, there was no communication from her or my brother to indicate what the issue was. Anyway - that was the main issue that cast a bit of pall over an otherwise very very fun week.

We found out on Thursday afternoon that a good friend - the guy who built our house - was killed in a horrifying car accident on Wednesday. We live next door to his terminally-ill father. Poor Norm - he of course was not expecting to outlive any of his kids. Thankfully, they have a large, close-knit family and Norm has had a ton of company. Funeral is Saturday...way too many funerals this year.

Back to work tomorrow - the depression is setting in.

Accepting help from someone who truly wants to give it can be difficult - but it is also a kindness and a blessing to them. You may have been raised not to accept help, but others were raised to give it. Learning to accept grace from another is as important as learning to extend grace to others.

Yes, allowing yourself to receive from others allows them to perform a good act and improve themselves.

Grrrrr. If my mother and I try to order the same item, Amazon thinks we're trying to scam them because our credit cards are both on the same account. I've been going 'round and 'round with them for 5 days, trying to figure out how to avoid it from happening again in the future, and they just keep repeating that I violated Amazon's terms of service by using another account to get around item limits even after I've explained the whole situation to them. Oh, and they claim they've researched it thoroughly, yet can't tell that my mother and I have used the same credit card account for YEARS.

Weird! My wife and I, of course, have the same credit card account. Tell them they are discriminating against you and your partner...see how that works.

So, for ebooks, any comments regarding Barnes & Noble or Kobo? B&N has consistently been more expensive than Amazon, haven't researched Kobo well enough yet to know.

Are there any libraries in your area with an ebook lending program? Our local library system is part of an ebook and audiobook network - I love it!

I'm trying to do some catchup - I have today off as my last day of vacation (well...until my next vacation in just over a month, that is).

The family reunion at the beach was mostly fun, with some really weird exceptions.

My oldest brother's new wife had issues with the accommodations, took it as a personal slight, and they stormed out after just one night. They never showed up again - at the beach or back in Portland. We learned that they changed their tickets and even went home two days early (to central Illinois).

To me (and most of the rest of us) it was a real head scratcher. Just weird. I understand some of her beef - the rest of the family shares my sense of humor, so when we're together the sarcasm is very thick. However, there was no communication from her or my brother to indicate what the issue was. Anyway - that was the main issue that cast a bit of pall over an otherwise very very fun week.

We found out on Thursday afternoon that a good friend - the guy who built our house - was killed in a horrifying car accident on Wednesday. We live next door to his terminally-ill father. Poor Norm - he of course was not expecting to outlive any of his kids. Thankfully, they have a large, close-knit family and Norm has had a ton of company. Funeral is Saturday...way too many funerals this year.

Families are weird enough, but then add in-laws and you can end up with anything happening. A nephew of mine is getting married next week and it already has been totally stressful for my sister. The bride's family has been insisting on spending tons of cash for the wedding, pre-wedding things and more, to top it all off they don't want any children at the wedding or reception which is not at all the Hater-family style. We plan to go to the brief 15 minute ceremony and then leave.

So far, the moat seems to be working! I found ants around the dish of water on the floor where she had dropped some food, but there were none in her food because of the moat! YAY! I have switched to a bigger plate for the water so that hopefully she'll drop her food there instead of on the floor . . .

It is a big deal to me to be able to leave her food out. She has kidney disease so is losing weight. I want her to be able to nibble on her food whenever she wants. I want to fatten her up (even though that prob isn't going to happen).

Anyway, I feel better about it. Thanks so much for the suggestion, Sally!

I for one am just so relieved to see you spelling moat correctly now.

Yes, I agree. It makes me remember how frustrating it is when I want to help someone but they can't receive it. I'll remember that next time.

(((Carrot Boy)))

Back on TheBus heading to work.
At least I have a dentist appointment at noon, and then I am going home after as I have an after-hours client near my house. Hopefully will not take that long, I just can't start until 5. Shooting for under 90 minutes.

Families are weird enough, but then add in-laws and you can end up with anything happening. A nephew of mine is getting married next week and it already has been totally stressful for my sister. The bride's family has been insisting on spending tons of cash for the wedding, pre-wedding things and more, to top it all off they don't want any children at the wedding or reception which is not at all the Hater-family style. We plan to go to the brief 15 minute ceremony and then leave.

Good grief! Sounds like they are wanting to have the PERFECT wedding. Good luck with that! It isn't gonna happen! I think you have the right idea . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom