::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheBus was late today. But I was later!
I was waiting to cross the street when it rolled past. I was in no rush leaving TheHouse because I thought I missed it. Even though I was mentally resigned to taking the next one, it still stings that I just missed it if I had just walked a bit faster or left a tiny bit sooner.

Jon, what kind of food do you want to eat when you come in November? Local food, poke, Hawaiian food, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, or Burgers? Gotta plan these things now :D

I know of good places I want to take you in each of those categories is all, forgot Thai too, and of course my new favourite CHAR HUNG SUT!!!!!

Jon, what kind of food do you want to eat when you come in November? Local food, poke, Hawaiian food, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, or Burgers? Gotta plan these things now :D

Well...at this point it's still "if" I come in November. But for me...I'm up for anything and prefer to have a local steer me to their favorite places. Sheryl will be with me during my free time, though, and she's a fairly timid eater, so there should be "safe" options...

We haven't made any plans for the weekend before the meeting yet since we haven't gotten the final "Hawaii is a go!" word from the boss. I have a meeting in 15 minutes...maybe he'll say something? I don't really expect it until mid August, though.

When I'm by myself I'll probably have one or maybe two free evenings - most likely Monday and Thursday.

If it all works out and Sheryl comes with me before the meeting I was thinking about Aulani or Turtle Bay...

Even better, a slow paced, dark comedy in which he goes from scene to scene dealing with the IRS, CIA, VA hospitals, lawyers offices and court rooms.

And don't forget - he's dealing with some old equipment now that he no longer has support for. He has to figure out solutions to his own malfunctions now.

I'm digging the $6M man thing. I never missed that show when I was a kid.
Remember Barney, the $7M man? How about the bionic dog?

***sigh***

Water plus sand = beach.

I grew up going to Lake Calhoun. We went to Thomas Beach. Not Thomas sand by the water.

Smoking was a cool thing when you were growing up, too. Doesn't mean it was right.

I remember the first time I went to Nice, France. We went to "La Plage" which translates as "The Beach" however there was NO sand. Just rocks!
tumblr_n2qz8nbm221s672l0o1_500.jpg

I remember the first time I went to Nice, France. We went to "La Plage" which translates as "The Beach" however there was NO sand. Just rocks!
tumblr_n2qz8nbm221s672l0o1_500.jpg

I've been there! I wouldn't call that a beach, no matter what the French say! As a 15-year-old, though, I was busy trying look like I wasn't looking at the topless women, so I didn't spend much time looking at the rocks. I do remember the sound of the rocks rattling when the "waves" lapped up on them.

Oh, and it took my then-14-year-old self a long time to stop giggling at these signs.
panneau-pvc-douches-avec-fleche-450-x-150-mm-pf03.jpg

Or the fact that every shampoo or soap commercial on TV was basically an excuse to have a naked woman on screen.

OK so Jon hope that November happens!
Aulani is real close to my house, we would be happy to come over and crash the pool :D
Plus I have friends that play music over there.
As far as "safe" goes you mean like Chili's, Islands, Macaroni Grill, or Ruby Tuesday's? Yeah, we can do that too.
There is also a really yummy teppan place I would say is pretty "safe."
They are opening an Applebee's right by my house in a former Blockbuster store. It is the first one in Hawaii.
We can walk there. I have never been to an Applebee's.
http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/...-opening-first-hawaii-restaurant-in-west.html

OK so Jon hope that November happens!
Aulani is real close to my house, we would be happy to come over and crash the pool :D
Plus I have friends that play music over there.
As far as "safe" goes you mean like Chili's, Islands, Macaroni Grill, or Ruby Tuesday's? Yeah, we can do that too.
There is also a really yummy teppan place I would say is pretty "safe."
They are opening an Applebee's right by my house in a former Blockbuster store. It is the first one in Hawaii.
We can walk there. I have never been to an Applebee's.
http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/...-opening-first-hawaii-restaurant-in-west.html

You're not missing anything at Applebee's. We've had a number of unsatisfactory experiences there and tend to avoid the place now.

I'd like to try local stuff - not the chains - as long as they have menu items that Sheryl could choose that have a familiar feel to them. She loves typical luau food and Americanized Asian foods. Spicy stuff is not her thing at all and she won't touch Indian food with a ten foot pole (much to my distress).

I will definitely keep you up to date on what's happening. Nothing mentioned in today's meeting, as I expected.

Let me plan it!!

How much weight do you want to gain?

under 5lbs, 5-10lbs, 10-15lbs, 15+????

(my way is much more accurate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom