::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm digging the $6M man thing. I never missed that show when I was a kid.
Remember Barney, the $7M man? How about the bionic dog?

Wasn't the bionic dog with the bionic woman?

My memory is a little fuzzy on that one.

You're not missing anything at Applebee's. We've had a number of unsatisfactory experiences there and tend to avoid the place now.

I'd like to try local stuff - not the chains - as long as they have menu items that Sheryl could choose that have a familiar feel to them. She loves typical luau food and Americanized Asian foods. Spicy stuff is not her thing at all and she won't touch Indian food with a ten foot pole (much to my distress).

I will definitely keep you up to date on what's happening. Nothing mentioned in today's meeting, as I expected.
Great, I just needed to know how "safe" to go.
If you go to Turtle Bay, Seven Brothers has excellent (and inexpensive) burgers and is nearby (well North Shore nearby, meaning 20 minutes).

The teppan place, Tanaka of Tokyo, I think would be a good choice as well, and tastier than Benihana.

I really want to take you to Helena's, that is real deal Hawaiian food, laulau, pipikaula, poi, kalua pig, chicken long rice, etc. and SUPER good. Atmosphere and presentation are non-existent, but the food speaks for itself.

Local food, which is different from Hawaiian food, we have lots to choose from. That is the stuff like Loco Moco, beef teri, plate lunch kind of stuff. Bob's Bar-B-Q is where it's at. Again, no place nice to sit there, but we get it to go, drive two blocks to the beach park and eat by the water at picnic tables.

Oh, and if you like Udon, MarukameUDON is excellent, and there is also Dillingham Saimin, which is right across the street from Bob's - always a tough choice. Generally, if we are eating there, we choose Dillingham Saimin, if we are getting to go, we choose Bob's.

We will probably go to Applebee's for the novelty factor once it opens, but we will probably stick to going to the sushi place next door. We have never been because we generally don't eat at those type of places. We prefer local over chains as well.

How funny, I *knew* his name was Max, but I was not sure if I was remembering his name or because of the recent movie Max about the Marine shepherd.

You're not missing anything at Applebee's. We've had a number of unsatisfactory experiences there and tend to avoid the place now.

I'd like to try local stuff - not the chains - as long as they have menu items that Sheryl could choose that have a familiar feel to them. She loves typical luau food and Americanized Asian foods. Spicy stuff is not her thing at all and she won't touch Indian food with a ten foot pole (much to my distress).

I will definitely keep you up to date on what's happening. Nothing mentioned in today's meeting, as I expected.

Aiea Bowl - you must, and I mean MUST have their tasty chicken. Get the combo and have the fried saimin too. Sheryl can have a burger but I would recommend their chicken katsu for her or the shoyu chicken.

Damon will take you to Tanioka's (I think I just drooled) and there is fried chicken or garlic chicken that is amazing for Sheryl.

Sidestreet with your team. They serve family style which is perfect because you'll want to taste a lot of their dishes. Pork chop is a must!!

Uncle Bo's has a pupu called bocca-rota. If there weren't other customers Mika and I would have been fighting for who gets to lick the plate.

North Shore on the weekend find huli huli chicken on the side of the road most likely past the shrimp trucks in Kahuku. Definitely get the shrimp from the shrimp trucks too. What makes it special is the freshness of the shrimp. Actually you can find the huli huli chicken on all parts of the island on the weekends. The on in Kahuku stands out to be because it was sooo good!

My favorite shave ice is Shimazu. They have a location next to Rainbow Drive In the original is up on School Street. My next favorite is Waiola.

Damon have you been to Guava Smoked? I think it's in Kahili. The pork is super flavorful. I didn't try the chicken but I imagine that's good too.

My favorite loco moco is still Like Like Drive In; their fried rice is really good too.

There are so many places and new places keep popping up too. I just mentioned the places I think Sheryl would like too.

I think I just gained a few pounds thinking about the food!

Great, I just needed to know how "safe" to go.
If you go to Turtle Bay, Seven Brothers has excellent (and inexpensive) burgers and is nearby (well North Shore nearby, meaning 20 minutes).

The teppan place, Tanaka of Tokyo, I think would be a good choice as well, and tastier than Benihana.

I really want to take you to Helena's, that is real deal Hawaiian food, laulau, pipikaula, poi, kalua pig, chicken long rice, etc. and SUPER good. Atmosphere and presentation are non-existent, but the food speaks for itself.

Local food, which is different from Hawaiian food, we have lots to choose from. That is the stuff like Loco Moco, beef teri, plate lunch kind of stuff. Bob's Bar-B-Q is where it's at. Again, no place nice to sit there, but we get it to go, drive two blocks to the beach park and eat by the water at picnic tables.

Oh, and if you like Udon, MarukameUDON is excellent, and there is also Dillingham Saimin, which is right across the street from Bob's - always a tough choice. Generally, if we are eating there, we choose Dillingham Saimin, if we are getting to go, we choose Bob's.

We will probably go to Applebee's for the novelty factor once it opens, but we will probably stick to going to the sushi place next door. We have never been because we generally don't eat at those type of places. We prefer local over chains as well.

I went to Marukami udon three times.

Twice at breakfast time!!!

Haven't made it to Helena's the last two trips.

There won't be a third trip without it.

Butterfish and pipikaula!!

Jon, people will probably talk about Ono's for Hawaiian food. Helena's is much better. (bring wipes for the sticky tables :) )

I brought home about three pounds of different crackseed from that place in Kaimuki plus another two pounds of rock salt plum.

Need to go find that in our luggage.

And don't forget - he's dealing with some old equipment now that he no longer has support for. He has to figure out solutions to his own malfunctions now.

The VA is a pain in his a** and the IRS wants to know why he didn't file any taxes in the 70's. He can't get his Medicaid because the CIA denies all knowledge of his existence. NASA is suing him, a TSA agent is suing him, ex-wives are suing him, two of his only friends are his lawyer and a local topless dancer, his life is a mess.

The VA is a pain in his a** and the IRS wants to know why he didn't file any taxes in the 70's. He can't get his Medicaid because the CIA denies all knowledge of his existence. NASA is suing him, a TSA agent is suing him, ex-wives are suing him, two of his only friends are his lawyer and a local topless dancer, his life is a mess.
His lawyer is Mattlock.

Aiea Bowl - you must, and I mean MUST have their tasty chicken. Get the combo and have the fried saimin too. Sheryl can have a burger but I would recommend their chicken katsu for her or the shoyu chicken.

Damon will take you to Tanioka's (I think I just drooled) and there is fried chicken or garlic chicken that is amazing for Sheryl.

Sidestreet with your team. They serve family style which is perfect because you'll want to taste a lot of their dishes. Pork chop is a must!!

Uncle Bo's has a pupu called bocca-rota. If there weren't other customers Mika and I would have been fighting for who gets to lick the plate.

North Shore on the weekend find huli huli chicken on the side of the road most likely past the shrimp trucks in Kahuku. Definitely get the shrimp from the shrimp trucks too. What makes it special is the freshness of the shrimp. Actually you can find the huli huli chicken on all parts of the island on the weekends. The on in Kahuku stands out to be because it was sooo good!

My favorite shave ice is Shimazu. They have a location next to Rainbow Drive In the original is up on School Street. My next favorite is Waiola.

Damon have you been to Guava Smoked? I think it's in Kahili. The pork is super flavorful. I didn't try the chicken but I imagine that's good too.

My favorite loco moco is still Like Like Drive In; their fried rice is really good too.

There are so many places and new places keep popping up too. I just mentioned the places I think Sheryl would like too.

I think I just gained a few pounds thinking about the food!

Holy cow, guys! She'll be with me for three days! After that most of my time will be catered food during meetings.

The dancer has a heart of gold, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom