::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really the easiest job ever. I wish I could do it more then I could make extra cash. But they don't want to offer benefits. Crazy. Damn corporate lifestyles.

I saw a young haole guy flying a sign that was way too difficult to read, it was mounted to his bike, and he and his happy, healthy looking dog were standing by the side of the road, in the rain, during rush hour traffic.
My only thought was "that poor dog, he does not deserve that life. Set him free so he can do what he wants."

Seriously, one of those guys that looks like nothing is wrong with them.

I really don't get it, how can a young healthy person beg for money and not feel ashamed of themselves?

I left it up to him when he moved here. His Thai name is Methasit, so I suggested Matt. "Meth" just didn't sound good.

My kids went to school with a young man from Vietnam. His last name is Dong. He was a massive Dirty Harry fan so when he picked his American name...

Yeah, I didn’t believe it until I saw it in the yearbook.

Ben bought his first big-boy car all by himself yesterday (with some coaching over the phone from dad). Very proud of him!

(He got a 2013 Mazda3)

Morgan Freeman named one of his kids "Alfonso", seriously would you rather be a Alfonso Freeman or a Tyrannosaurus Freeman?

Especially if he inherits even a bit of his father's voice! "I am Tyrannosaurus." Say it in your head in Morgan Freeman's voice. Spine Tingling!

All of a sudden my boss has a fire under her butt to fix a problem I pointed out in.... wait for it...

February.

Ah, I should amend the above to say "she has a fire under her but for ME to fix a problem".

I swear she regrets hiring me.

She sends me an email "what do you know about this (attached)".

I respond "yes, that's what I told you about in February".

Her: "But what do we need to do?"

Me: "Here's the email I sent you about it in February".

Her: "But how do we fix it?"

MAYBE READ THE GD EMAIL I SENT YOU IN FEBRUARY WHERE I OUTLINE THE PROBLEM AND THE SOLUTION

Baffles me as well.

We have the situation here where a lot of full time musicians are on Medicaid, food stamps, etc. There seems to be no stigma to it. Like the government is the patron of their art.

I have a lot of feelings about that.

Oh I forgot to tell you, on my way home from the client in Wahiawa yesterday I stopped by Andrew's office and got to check out all the Luthiers for a Cause ukuleles.
Beau's and Jake's were still my favourites, with the edge just barely going to Beau.
The surprise? Joji Yoshida's ukulele moved way up after seeing it, touching it, playing it. It looks very simple and understated, but the small details, like rounding off the edges where your forearm rests, not a bevel just rounding off, yet it really is all you need, and it is in exactly the right spot. The sound was excellent as well. Very impressed.
Jerry your namesake did really well.
Beau's ukulele has a full arm bevel, but it was in the wrong spot for me. Andrew and I were discussing it and we both agreed that aesthetically it is in the right spot, and if it were a guitar it is in the right spot, but for an ukulele it needed to be located farther along the lower bout.

Steve Grimes very original and asymmetrical ukulele was quite nice too.

The Lichty was a 19" scale so had its own character,
not as easy to compare, it was nice enough but not something I would buy.

You already know how I feel about the one I have not mentioned, and Andrew agrees.

He said he thinks that we both feel pretty much the same about how Ukuleles sound and which ones we like.

I thanked him again for the opportunity to buy the Compass Rose and told him I emailed Rick and Rick said Jake had built it. Andrew was stoked for me.

Last edited:
We have the situation here where a lot of full time musicians are on Medicaid, food stamps, etc. There seems to be no stigma to it. Like the government is the patron of their art.

I'm going to dress nicely, and carry a sandwich board saying something like: Silicon Valley Teacher. Need $$ for pencils, paper, and coffee.

I bet I could clear more than my salary.

Yeah me too - my mom and I are both still stunned that my brother would rather work an artsy job with low pay so he qualifies for, and accepts, government assistance rather than getting a job that he can support himself.
He has a fricking masters degree in cinema from American Film Institute, bachelor's from USC film school,
has literally written the book on Art Cinema, yet he can't pay his rent.
Mom feels like she flushed all that tuition money down the toilet.

I'm correcting papers while watching Kenny Loggins "Outside From the Redwoods" concert on YouTube. Our principal had a daily trivia question and today it was about the concert.

Anyhow, when I catered this concert I hung out quite a bit with his guitarist Chris Rodriguez. At the time I thought he was barely in his twenties. I just googled him to see what he's doing career wise now and turns out he's three years older than me. He's a beast on guitar. Makes you wonder how many super talented people are out there.

just a random update to a boring morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom