Page 5096 of 5125 FirstFirst ... 40964596499650465086509450955096509750985106 ... LastLast
Results 50,951 to 50,960 of 51242

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

We were sitting here cooking breakfast when we got ALERTS on our cell phones and TV to seek immediate shelter as there is an incoming ballistic missile threat which will arrive in minutes this is NOT a drill.

Five very tense minutes ensued until I was able to verify on the Hawaii Emergency department Twitter account that there was no threat.
    Pacific Command DoD websites and all news sites were basically offline. Scary.
    Eff 45!
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

Yikes. Scary shizzle. Maybe it was prep just in case something was to be launched.

"And I play dress up every Sunday and try to make the case for an invisible friend" PereBourik

Quote Originally Posted by Pueo View Post
    We were sitting here cooking breakfast when we got ALERTS on our cell phones and TV to seek immediate shelter as there is an incoming ballistic missile threat which will arrive in minutes this is NOT a drill.

Five very tense minutes ensued until I was able to verify on the Hawaii Emergency department Twitter account that there was no threat.
    Pacific Command DoD websites and all news sites were basically offline. Scary.
    Eff 45!
    I'm very happy that you were not incinerated this morning.
    Uke Players Do It With Four Strings.
    YouTube | Facebook
    ...I think life should be a musical... Tammy
    1:25367

Quote Originally Posted by Chopped Liver View Post
    I know there are long neck sopranos but are there concert ukes with a tenor neck?
    Yes, Sukie has one.
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string

Quote Originally Posted by Chopped Liver View Post
    I know there are long neck sopranos but are there concert ukes with a tenor neck?
    Indeed there are. I have a KoAloha Super Concert, which is one their more popular models.

Quote Originally Posted by glass View Post
    Yikes. Scary shizzle. Maybe it was prep just in case something was to be launched.
    The cell phone alert was activated in error is what they are saying now. There were no civil defense sirens. The TV crawl was activated shortly afterwards. As I tried to seek confirmation from Pacific command, DoD, and Hawaii news sites, all of which were non-responsive probably because everyone in the state was trying to do the same thing. Because of hurricane and taunami danger I also subscribe to Honolulu Civil Beat,
    a non-profit news source that is fair and has no political agenda, and they tweeted that Hawaii Emergency Services said there was no threat.
    Not sure what really happened, doubt we we ever really know.
    My first thought was hacking, but news seems to lean towards just an error.
    The real shame is that a message like this is believable at all.
    I told Nanilei at least we would not suffer - we are right at Pearl Harbor. I am sure if an ICBM came this way it would be over swiftly.
    Compass Rose 5 string

No fighters scrambled either, I would have heard them.
    Compass Rose 5 string

Chuck Moore just posted something similar on Facebook.

The cell phone alert was activated in error is what they are saying now. There were no civil defense sirens. The TV crawl was activated shortly afterwards. As I tried to seek confirmation from Pacific command, DoD, and Hawaii news sites, all of which were non-responsive probably because everyone in the state was trying to do the same thing. Because of hurricane and taunami danger I also subscribe to Honolulu Civil Beat,
    a non-profit news source that is fair and has no political agenda, and they tweeted that Hawaii Emergency Services said there was no threat.
    Not sure what really happened, doubt we we ever really know.
    My first thought was hacking, but news seems to lean towards just an error.
    The real shame is that a message like this is believable at all.
    I told Nanilei at least we would not suffer - we are right at Pearl Harbor. I am sure if an ICBM came this way it would be over swiftly.

No fighters scrambled either, I would have heard them.
    This whole issue IS alarming. Very glad you are all OK and all is well. Scarry stuff indeed.

Yeah, especially when you have a whacko that has the security codes and could push a button "just to show them".
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

"Hold everything with open hands." PereBourik

Thread Information