::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's fairly common practice, either when going out of business or just culling the records. I have been offered both the negatives from my first wedding (the photographer was culling his records - offered us the negatives before they were destroyed) and from Ben's senior picture sessions (photographer retired). The main reason to buy them is that without them you'll never again be able to produce a full-resolution photograph from that session. If you had a reason to believe you might one day want new copies of the pictures it might be tempting to have the masters.
I agree. But....come on. Tell me exactly why you'd need a picture of Ben's graduation stuff? You already have it. Our wedding photos from 1982 still look great. Good photographs will last a long time. Besides, it's 2017. Few people even print photos anymore. Nah....I call foul on spending $200 for something you really don't need.

Kids had the same teachers their parents had. Social networks had been established (and closed) for generations. Around here they will welcome you TO town, but not INTO town. Going on 18 years and I'm still not from around here, despite exercising an important role in the community.
you live in Minnesota??? We are horrible about that.

You can't put a price on that. Think of it this way: how much did you spend for your grill? Car? etc. I'd buy them if I were you and had the money.

GREAT picture, by the way. And Mika is beautiful!

Yesterday at James' basketball game I sat between Mika and a long ago ex who was watching her nephew.

And they got along super well.

It was a bit awkward when they started talking about meeting up and hanging out.

I agree. But....come on. Tell me exactly why you'd need a picture of Ben's graduation stuff? You already have it. Our wedding photos from 1982 still look great. Good photographs will last a long time. Besides, it's 2017. Few people even print photos anymore. Nah....I call foul on spending $200 for something you really don't need.

Oh - we didn't buy them. The photographer didn't pressure us. But it was kind of a "last chance in case you need any reprints - or you can buy the masters and reprint any time you want."

That's about the going price from what I've seen. YOU don't need them, I don't need them - but I appreciate that they give a warning and the opportunity to buy before trashing them. This stuff is how a photographer makes a living, after all. They're not snapshots.

Yesterday at James' basketball game I sat between Mika and a long ago ex who was watching her nephew.

And they got along super well.

It was a bit awkward when they started talking about meeting up and hanging out.

It's only awkward for you. The women are fine about it. Get over yourself.

Oh wait. I think we double that for our 200 guests. It's best to do it several hours ahead for the flavors to marry.

That's the recipe for 1 pan. We make 4 pans. Tonight we served 201 meals. The 78 year old town mortician was there. He's been coming to our chili supper longer than anyone, at least since the 50s.

Getting closer to move in. Put our bed together tonight. Applied a coat of poly to china cabinet and table. Put back up our closet doors. They still need a wipe down but I honestly didn’t think they were gonna work again. Put back up the blinds and a few outlet covers. Tomorrow I might try to grab some lengths of quarter round and try to do a room maybe. At least cut it and paint it.

Getting closer to move in. Put our bed together tonight. Applied a coat of poly to china cabinet and table. Put back up our closet doors. They still need a wipe down but I honestly didn’t think they were gonna work again. Put back up the blinds and a few outlet covers. Tomorrow I might try to grab some lengths of quarter round and try to do a room maybe. At least cut it and paint it.

Not sure how long the quarter round is but seems hella long. I hope I can tie them together and transport them on top the pilots car rack. Hopefully without breaking. I got about a 20 min car ride back. Also gotta change the bathroom fan. The light part does not work anymore. So I will switch it out.

Not sure how long the quarter round is but seems hella long. I hope I can tie them together and transport them on top the pilots car rack. Hopefully without breaking. I got about a 20 min car ride back. Also gotta change the bathroom fan. The light part does not work anymore. So I will switch it out.

I think so far we are under the money we got back at close I think even with the floors being redone. There are a bunch other things I need to do but that’s for the garage. So not super important but should be done. The cousin hookup with electric helped out a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom