::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psychology with an emphasis in Cognitive Science.

I've decided to stop worrying about jobs and just learn the most interesting stuff I can.

I have a student who is going to major in cognitive science. Sounds really interesting.

I wanted to do forensic psychology and work for the FBI. That's why I did the heavy duty background check before. My friend's dad worked for the FBI for what I guess became the branch that Criminal Minds is based off of. He used to say it was his job to understand the mind of a criminal so they could predict what he would do and catch them. I was in fifth grade, I figured he was catching bank robbers. Anyhow, that's what I wanted to do too because it sounded interesting. I just never put much effort into figuring out how to get there. Was too busy partying at the time.

Wouldn't it be nice if food labels had a glycemic index number on them?

The food industry, or more specifically, the sugar industry would never allow that. It would hurt their sales and bring awareness to the public.

The sugar industry really screws us in chasing profit. Did you know there are currently 64 different names for sugar? I started watching a documentary about the Warren Report and back then there was only a few different names for sugar. As the public becomes aware of the dangers of stuff like high fructose corn syrup, they give it another name and keep on selling.

Aw man, that sucks.

I introduced the concept of non-violent communication, because she was name calling. The other mods and I agreed she had valid concerns and opinions, but we asked her to refrain from name-calling and attacking language. She wouldn’t comply, so we pulled one of her posts attacking another member. Now we are accused of being part of rape culture. And I’m apparently a libertarian among many other things.

People are really losing it over everything these days, seriously makes me wonder.

My son's basketball organization is looking to donate about 200 reversible uniforms to an organization in Africa. I'm the one brokering this deal. Do you think it's unreasonable to ask them to cover shipping costs? How do I go about asking?

Not used to doing big boy stuff.

Ooo, that'll be expensive. Maybe try a freight company.

I definitely eat less than my wife.

I need to start eliminating processed foods from my diet. I've finally started eating whole grain breads which means I'm eating less bread. Going to try to better understand how the body processes food so I can control my diabetes better. I was told a carb is a carb by one dietician but I'm finally starting to understand that it's not. A carb of almonds for instance is not the same as a carb of rice by the way the body processes the food.

I'm a real slow learner apparently.

Mostly just stubborn and in denial.

Start walking a mile or so at lunch time.

Start walking a mile or so at lunch time.

I used to be an athlete. I know what I should be doing just can't seem to build up more incentive than excuses right now. I bought a neon vest to wear while walking. Maybe if I buy new shoes I can get my butt out the door.

Turned on the news. Finally they are talking about something other than the damn fires. It’s all they’ve been taking about all week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom