::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t been backpacking in 35 years. We are slowly acquiring equipment for next years trip. I am amazed at the advances in equipment. My new pack weighs just 2lbs 2oz. It’s 60 liters and can easily support 35 lbs and it’s nowhere near a top of the line pack.

I have a really sweet inner frame pack that I almost never use. It's a shame.

I'm playing ukulele today! :) Making up another binder. I have a book of luau songs, one for kids, and now I'm making one of worship songs I like. They always put me in a good mood.

I have a really sweet inner frame pack that I almost never use. It's a shame.

I still have my pack I used in the Boy Scouts. Hard for me to wrap my head around, but it was last used 50 years ago! It's a big, heavy, old school, canvas pack on an aluminum external frame. Why do I still have this?

I'm going to see if the local Scout council wants it, to display as a relic.... :D

So got a double Pina colada milkshake IPA and communication is key lime IPA....gonna taste them Friday. When I arrive in LI for Cask festival

But can you support 35 pounds? I don't care how light you think you pack, you need less. Aim for 10% of your body weight.

Yeah, I won’t be carrying that much weight. As light as all the new equipment is, I won’t max out the pack.

Although when I was 18 I carried 35 lbs in my fancy Kelly pack with no problem. Back then I weighed 105lbs. But I was way more muscle than fat. And way younger.

I still have my pack I used in the Boy Scouts. Hard for me to wrap my head around, but it was last used 50 years ago! It's a big, heavy, old school, canvas pack on an aluminum external frame. Why do I still have this?

I'm going to see if the local Scout council wants it, to display as a relic.... :D
my Kelty wasn’t canvas, it was nylon but yes it had an aluminum external frame. I am amazed at how comfortable these new internal frame packs are. They can be adjusted so many different ways. It literally hugs my body.

Vacation officially started.
CmUhpbV.jpg

We have sunshine this morning. No rain for the next few days at least. Temps inching up. Maybe Spring has found it's way back?

Moving Co is sending packers to do early stuff: dishes, wall hangings, &c. Their salesperson is a complete dufe. This is the same company that moved us out here. The then owner (now deceased) was RL Kid's surrogate grandpa and the family were parishioners. Just a lovely man. His son has taken over the company, and while the pleasant memory remains, it's all business this time around.

We're told we can request a specific driver. If we do, he's a member of the congregation; I've baptized his 3 kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom