::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
aef2d12636c0ce5dd47b5327bb323725.jpg

Okay. Now that's funny.

Happy Valentine's Day. . .
The Glory of Love
Billy Hill

You’ve got to [C] give a little, [G7] take a little,
[C] And let your [C7] poor heart [F] break a [Fm] little.
[C] That’s the story of, [G] that’s the glory of [C] love [G7]

You’ve got to [C] laugh a little, [G7] cry a little,
[C] Until the [C7] clouds roll [F] by a [Fm] little.
[C] That’s the story of, [G] that’s the glory of [C] love [C7]

As [F] long as there’s the two of us,
We’ve got the [C] world and all of it’s charms.
And [Fm] when the world is through with us,
[D7] We’ve got each other’s [G7] arms

You’ve got to [C] win a little, [G7] lose a little,
[C] And always [C7] have the [F] blues a [Fm] little.
[C] That’s the story of, [G] that’s the glory of [C] love [C7]

As [F] long as there’s the two of us,
We’ve got the [C] world and all of it’s charms.
And [Fm] when the world is through with us,
[D7] We’ve got each other’s [G7] arms

You’ve got to [C] win a little, [G7] lose a little,
[C] And always [C7] have the [F] blues a [Fm] little.
[C] That’s the story of, [G] that’s the glory of [C] love [A7]
[D7] That’s the story of, [G7] that’s the glory of [C] love [F] [C]

When I first glanced at this I thought it said it was by Benny Hill...and I was trying to imagine a Valentine's song to the tune of Yakety Sax.

He cut two of my diabetes meds in half and got rid of a third and told me what to eat for dinner, or more so, how many calories to stay within and guaranteed that my waking blood sugar would still be under 100 (what I shoot for every day).

He also hinted that my meds are what caused me to get CHF. Sucks. But it is what it is. My fault for not seeing an Endo on my own I guess.

He also freaked out that I had pancreatitis twice. "Didn't they figure it out after the first time?!"

Anyhow, he made control sound much simpler than what I have been making it. I concentrated on carbs and he told me to concentrate on calories first and just keep carbs in mind when making decisions. And the way he explained everything to me made sense. Especially when we started talking about my usual food choices. I tend to go low carbs but high in calories. My dinner last night was a bit of pasta with Salmon. Higher in carbs than I usually go but only about 500 calories total. Even with cutting my meds my waking blood sugar was 78. A bit on the low side.

He sounds good, young guy?

I feel sick today. Loads of congestion. Body aches. Nausea. Fun stuff. My honey is sweet. He got me a small cake, card, doezen roses and is taking me out to eat steak.

Yes.

He even said "you older patients have been lead to think that way" at one point.

He's not THAT much younger. Punk!

Sounds good, a lot of doctors, especially older ones don't know much about nutrition at all. Ask him if he can recommend a heart doctor to check you out.

We want to know too!

In a nutshell I need to focus on calories consumed more so than the carbs. I'm on a 1900 calorie limit which is about what I eat anyhow but now I'm checking for the foods that spike my sugar. When those are identified there are new meds I can take that immediately boost insulin production so that I don't necessarily have to cut them out of my diet forever but rather be more conscious of them and take the meds to prevent the sugar spike. And I can only do that occasionally rather than regularly.

Ramen for instance.

When I asked why there is such a difference in opinion from a GP to an Endo for diabetes treatment he said it's like you've been going to a diner to get sushi instead of going to a sushi bar.

Made sense to me.

Sounds good, a lot of doctors, especially older ones don't know much about nutrition at all. Ask him if he can recommend a heart doctor to check you out.

I googled my heart doc.

She's basically fresh out of med school. She's been working in a Stanford Heart clinic for the past five years and this is the first year of her own practice.

And I will.

that's a good idea. Thanks.

Never hurts to see more than one doc to get another opinion.

Yay, questions and responses done for the day. Break time! This evening I need to write a first draft and get that turned in with my research plan, for peer review.

I'm really not sure when I'm going to have time to write my psych paper this week. I work 2 jobs tomorrow and fly out on Friday.
where are you flying to?

He cut two of my diabetes meds in half and got rid of a third and told me what to eat for dinner, or more so, how many calories to stay within and guaranteed that my waking blood sugar would still be under 100 (what I shoot for every day).

He also hinted that my meds are what caused me to get CHF. Sucks. But it is what it is. My fault for not seeing an Endo on my own I guess.

He also freaked out that I had pancreatitis twice. "Didn't they figure it out after the first time?!"

Anyhow, he made control sound much simpler than what I have been making it. I concentrated on carbs and he told me to concentrate on calories first and just keep carbs in mind when making decisions. And the way he explained everything to me made sense. Especially when we started talking about my usual food choices. I tend to go low carbs but high in calories. My dinner last night was a bit of pasta with Salmon. Higher in carbs than I usually go but only about 500 calories total. Even with cutting my meds my waking blood sugar was 78. A bit on the low side.

What's up Kenvin?

Doc said that since your Asian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom