::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't but James would love that. He always wants smoothies and milkshakes etc. I'm trying to limit him on sugar. Thankfully his teacher did a little unit on how harmful sugar is for children so he gets it. We do let him have a smoothie or Italian ice once or twice a week. He's very active so I don't think that's too bad. He will choose to go without dessert/soft drink etc. on his own if he thinks he already had too much sugar.

Drinks that's another battle. All that there is here is gallons of iced tea...the kids want that but all I give them is water. Her mom seems to get upset when I tell them nope water. Their cousin that is 15 and a sophomore is probably 50 lbs overweight. We don't want to happen. Granted my kids are way active and he just sits around. And eats and watches tv. The other day my mil picked him from school and pretty much cooked him up salmon with sides as after school snack...I said don't forget we eat at 530 today. She still made him enough for a dinner meal. :sigh:

Drinks that's another battle. All that there is here is gallons of iced tea...the kids want that but all I give them is water. Her mom seems to get upset when I tell them nope water. Their cousin that is 15 and a sophomore is probably 50 lbs overweight. We don't want to happen. Granted my kids are way active and he just sits around. And eats and watches tv. The other day my mil picked him from school and pretty much cooked him up salmon with sides as after school snack...I said don't forget we eat at 530 today. She still made him enough for a dinner meal. :sigh:

I got fat at 10 by eating ice cream and popsicles all summer and sitting around instead of working. I spent the summers with my great uncles going to "orchard school" but that summer there was a murder on the property involving some of the workers and they wouldn't me or my cousin out of the house. We just sat and watched TV all summer.

I burned off the extra weight because I was active but as soon as I quit sports I was sedate and I got FAT.

Since you never lose fat cells and they only shrink, I was like a fat bomb waiting to go off. And man did I ever explode.

don't want that for James.

Hahahahaha so true! I had to buy a cap and a scarf while I was there to complete my ensemble.
We always felt under dressed, even when we were just hanging out at my friend's place.
We woke up one morning and his then-8-year-old son was wearing slacks, a collared shirt and V-neck sweater, and loafers. At 8am. No, it was not a school day.

Paris is clearly not a place for me.

Then today she was up again because she had to make sure they made the bus because of course I can't do it because I'm incompetent as well early in the morning.

Oh dear. You've been doing this how long? How old is Summer?

Matts soccer coach is very anti-soda. I am too for the most part. Matt is pretty good about caring for his health so it's not a battle. I do let him have a Sprite or something occasionally so doesn't become a big forbidden thing that he must have.

That is a good question.....

QUESTION IF THE DAY??

Do you have a dessert after dinner every night??

Never. Or as close to it as never is an appropriate response. Really - pretty much only on birthdays or special occasions.

You should've gone to visit Chuck. His inlays are amazing.

I've never visited Chuck. My inlays (and it autocorrected to inlays AGAIN btw) would just get bored and want to leave five minutes after getting there.

In regards to your FB post on Matt's thread. I don't think Zach and his girlfriend are together any more. After her accident she friended me when I wrote a little letter of encouragement and lately it seems like she's on her own and there's no mention of Zach in her posts for a few months now.

I was afraid of that. I hadn't heard much about them and was figuring they'd probably gone their own way. How's she doing these days?

Matts soccer coach is very anti-soda. I am too for the most part. Matt is pretty good about caring for his health so it's not a battle. I do let him have a Sprite or something occasionally so doesn't become a big forbidden thing that he must have.

Yea we do the occasional soda when we go out. But mostly at home it's water.

I was afraid of that. I hadn't heard much about them and was figuring they'd probably gone their own way. How's she doing these days?

The last I saw was that she was walking with assistance (walker/crutches) but she had broken one of the rods in her back. I think she was headed back to surgery.

I've since dropped her as a friend because I don't correspond with her, never met her, and don't know her at all other than she was Matt's son's fiance'

I'm a little bummed. I'm so busy this weekend I won't have time to fiddle with the bbq and learn it's quirks.

I want to smoke something, mostly turkey legs right now, but I need to learn how to adjust the vents to regulate the temperature.

And Jon, everything I've read about the Akorn vs. Green Egg back up what you said. The only, and I think it's minor drawback is since the egg is such thick ceramic material it does't drop in temp when you open it. It has enough mass that the heat loss is minimal. I've been reading that the Akorn drops between 50-70 degrees and takes a few minutes to stablelize.

Not a problem. Once I figure it out, I won't be opening it up much.

Going with the long ove gloves you suggested.

Now I'm researching thermometers. I kinda like the one that sends temps to my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom